MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Media Center PCs and Custom installs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like the theme your running at the moment, I would ditch the sidebar though, it takes up to much room.
(2009-12-24, 12:13 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Keep up the good work though, with a better theme I would definitely join up (and yours would be one of the small few I've actually considered joining because the topic is unique and interesting).

Hey, now there's no excuse, with your atom HTPC you can join up and answer this members question!! Go on, you know you want to... Big Grin

(2009-12-25, 02:04 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]I like the theme your running at the moment, I would ditch the sidebar though, it takes up to much room.

Yeah, the theme grows on me, but maybe a bit too colorful? I see the sidebar adding just a bit more dynamics to the main page though, perhaps if I widen it, but Analytics is telling me 15% of people navigate at 1024 x 768 (WTF!?!). Time to leave them behind I think... Wink

Thanks for the other feedback. With so many forums around its hard to know sometimes if a subject is worth doing. But loving MyBB though, why didn't I think of using this ages ago? Rolleyes
(2010-01-08, 12:43 PM)elootos Wrote: [ -> ]Analytics is telling me 15% of people navigate at 1024 x 768 (WTF!?!). Time to leave them behind I think... Wink

I wouldn't abandon 1024 x 768 support just yet, a lot of modern workstations still run this resolution as they have standard 17" monitors. Maybe have two theme options for different widths.
(2010-01-08, 12:56 PM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-08, 12:43 PM)elootos Wrote: [ -> ]Analytics is telling me 15% of people navigate at 1024 x 768 (WTF!?!). Time to leave them behind I think... Wink

I wouldn't abandon 1024 x 768 support just yet, a lot of modern workstations still run this resolution as they have standard 17" monitors. Maybe have two theme options for different widths.

True. And especially while a forum is in its infancy, it needs all the traffic it can get!

So I assume I can duplicate the current theme, amend the width to auto (as it was by default) and then allow the selection in the footer. Thanks!
(2010-01-08, 01:08 PM)elootos Wrote: [ -> ]So I assume I can duplicate the current theme, amend the width to auto (as it was by default) and then allow the selection in the footer. Thanks!

Thats it, you could also implement something to automatically determine resolution and automatically change theme but otherwise the approach you described above would work fine.
I will join if you can donate a new mobo to me.

Just kidding, watch for me, i'll be joining in a few days. I like the setup and i like the site, i think its a great idea.
Pages: 1 2