MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NEED Help with WowBB to MyBB Migration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a current discussion board hosted on WowBB. It has almost 600 members with more than 20,000 individual posts. I would like to migrate it to MyBB. I do NOT want to migrate anything except the users and the posts. Of course, the posts must be in the appropriate forums and topics/threads. I am not interested in migrating Private Messages or other peripheral data that is not part of the core content of the board.

If it makes any difference, WowBB already has migration scripts for UBB, IPB, PhpBB , vB and others *into* WowBB - so I suppose it may be possible to do a 2-step conversion from (as an example) vb => WowBB => MyBB - once the WowBB to MyBB conversion is functional.

Can someone PLEASE help?? I asked this question earlier, but received no replies.

TIA

- Dan
If you want to convert to MyBB, we're going to need some sort of database schema to work with from WowBB.

If you email support[at]mybboard[dot]com with a copy of your database (you can remove some of the data from it - but we'll need a few rows in each table to work out how data is stored and in what format), we'll see what we can do.

Chris
Chris Boulton Wrote:If you want to convert to MyBB, we're going to need some sort of database schema to work with from WowBB.

If you email support[at]mybboard[dot]com with a copy of your database (you can remove some of the data from it - but we'll need a few rows in each table to work out how data is stored and in what format), we'll see what we can do.

Chris

Sending the email in the next few minutes. Please let me know if you need more information - once you've had the chance to see what is there.

Thanks!

- Dan
I'm interested in doing the same thing but taking my whole database, Is there help for me to do that?

DHC Wrote:
Chris Boulton Wrote:If you want to convert to MyBB, we're going to need some sort of database schema to work with from WowBB.

Chris

Sending the email in the next few minutes. Please let me know if you need more information - once you've had the chance to see what is there.

Thanks!

- Dan
We currently will not be offering WowBB with the Merge System's initial release. You will have to look for other alternatives (i.e. wowbb -> phpbb -> MyBB)