MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smiles change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seriously the current ones as well the post icons look too much childish. As well the whole famfam icon pack. Well, there are good icons but some just don't fit with bulletin board, and it doesn't look very professional. I would be glad to hear if anyone is thinking on some alternative icon and smilies pack.
I love my Toungue Though!
Just install a new one then.
lol I like the Toungue too! XD
I've seen quite a few 'professional' sites using Famfamfam.
I'm not saying famfam icons aren't for professional sites, i'm just saying that they don't fit with MyBB. No offense but the whole design of icons, who ever is responsible for design of mybb buttons and icons, just looks to childish. The Default style buttons are just..... can't get word to describe them beside childish.
I think it's great that someone contributed smilies to the project, they're not bad, but I don't think they *fit* with the project.
Well, my point exactly.
Personally I don't have a problem with it. If you don't like them you can easily change them anyway. It's like the default theme it's just iconic :p
Yeah i know PolarBear541, but even IPB 1.3 icons had more serious look.
IPB 1.3 is seriously old now and in general we focus on making the functionality great more than the smileys :p
Pages: 1 2 3