MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to make the Mybb thread layout like Vbulletins. With all the user details on the left hand side?
Under "Edit Options" in the User CP there's a setting to display posts in classic mode, which places the user info and avatar on the left hand side rather than above posts. Is this what you were looking for?
(2009-11-10, 07:11 PM)Alan Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]Under "Edit Options" in the User CP there's a setting to display posts in classic mode, which places the user info and avatar on the left hand side rather than above posts. Is this what you were looking for?

Yup Smile how do i set everyones thread layout to be like this?
ACP --> Configuration --> Settings --> Show Thread Options --> Display posts using the classic layout

This will be the new default. Users have the option to switch back to the other one if they chose in the User CP.
(2009-11-10, 08:06 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]ACP --> Configuration --> Settings --> Show Thread Options --> Display posts using the classic layout

This will be the new default. Users have the option to switch back to the other one if they chose in the User CP.

Just did that but i think it didnt work Smile.
Oops thats for guests :p

Try this: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-40093.html
(2009-11-10, 08:10 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Oops thats for guests :p

Try this: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-40093.html

Im stuck on this part

Quote:Next, we must force the postbit style we want.

If you want to put everybody on the classic postbit, run this query in PHPMyAdmin, or some other database manager:

PHP Code:
UPDATE mybb_users SET classicpostbit = '1' WHERE classicpostbit = '0'

If you want to put everybody on the horizontal postbit, run this query in PHPMyAdmin, or some other database manager:

PHP Code:
UPDATE mybb_users SET classicpostbit = '0' WHERE classicpostbit = '1'

Remember to make sure yout table prefix (mybb_ here) is correct.

I downloaded PHPmyadmin but all i get is a folder from it.
Doesn't your host already have it installed?? Pretty much all hosts do, shouldn't be something you install yourself.
(2009-11-10, 10:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't your host already have it installed?? Pretty much all hosts do, shouldn't be something you install yourself.

Yes it does forgot about that as i couldnt login to my Cpanel. Thanks Smile