MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: random sticky/unsticky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

A few weeks ago a stickied thread was suddenly unstickied after an admin replied to the thread, while the button (sticky/unsticky) wasn't changed. I checked with the admin and he didn't do anything, just replied in the thread. I just let it go but today I replied to a normal thread myself (also admin) and to my surprise I see a few hours later that the thread got stickied. Checking the log it tells me that I stickied it at the time that I made my post, while I didn't check the sticky box (I used quick reply).

So now I start to think that there might be something wrong? I run latest version 1.4.9. Plugins: BBCode Spoilers tags and Image Resizer & Optimizer with GD.

I don't know if anyone ever had something like this. It doesn't seem to happen very often, as far as I know 2 times with my forum three weeks apart from each other.
Haven't heard of this before.
Does this happen on full reply?
I think this is some weird browser issue, this used to happen to Tom Loveric all the time when he was on staff, in the / me thread, it's unstick every time he posted in it. It happened to me once too, I don't think there's really anything we can do about it.
(2009-11-10, 07:29 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't heard of this before.
Does this happen on full reply?
Don't know, in my post I did a preview of the quick reply, and submitted it afterwards, does that count as a full reply?

(2009-11-10, 10:22 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is some weird browser issue, this used to happen to Tom Loveric all the time when he was on staff, in the / me thread, it's unstick every time he posted in it. It happened to me once too, I don't think there's really anything we can do about it.
That's weird. I had it on IE, don't know which version (happend while I was at the university). I'll check what browser the other admin was using. Any idea what the issue could be, I mean, it's not that like the browser checks the sticky button by itself randomly right? Or is it?
Full reply is when you click the new reply button slightly above the actual quick reply box.
Ok, I thought maybe after the preview view it is processed the same as a full reply because the screen looks the same.

The other admin was using Firefox 3.5.5 btw.
Hmm, strange.

In the quick/full reply areas, there are checkboxes that indicate whether to stick or to close the thread. When the user posts a reply, they need to be checked for the thread to stay sticked/closed...
Happened here too, only in one specific thread. I was not using any plugins and always replied via the Quick Reply function. While in all other threads the stick thread button was unchecked, somehow it remained checked in that particular thread.
Was using FF 3.5 as well. My guess is that it had something to do with cookies, since for no reason it stopped happening.
Hmm have you tried deleting the thread and making a new one the same?
Not an option I'm afraid, that thread happens to be the largest on the forum and is 203 pages long Toungue
Pages: 1 2