MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging MyBB forums ( MyBB 1.4.9)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I need to ask!

I need to merge two separate MyBB 1.4.9 forums, into a new forum which will contain all the postings from both previous forums (i.e. previous two forums would then be deleted upon successful completion of the merger into the new forum).

Is this possible and how do I go about doing this?

Both previous forums are version 1.4.9. (i.e. latest) but their calendars do not work.

Can I install from scratch the MyBB version 1.4.9 and then perform some kind of merge/import function with the two other forums that I run?

I would want the calendar feature to work in the new forum, hence a new installation and the calendar would work, but if I attempt a merger with the two previous forums into the new, (i.e. provided this can be done) would the calendar still work?

Please advise how I can combine two different forums into one new forum!

Thank you in advance for any assistance/guidance that you may be able to provide.

coolos
http://www.mybboard.net/downloads/merge-system

Not knowing how exactly the calendar isn't working though, it'll be hard for us to say whether merging will fix it or not...
(2009-11-10, 10:15 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mybboard.net/downloads/merge-system

Not knowing how exactly the calendar isn't working though, it'll be hard for us to say whether merging will fix it or not...

Thank you for the quick reply.

The calendar is not working due to my misled efforts.

I saw a previous posting in that the calendar leads to potential take over by hackers (this was several revisions of MyBB ago). I followed their exampled at that time thinking I was making my forum more secure and deleted some coding that they suggested. Now I cannot remember what that coding was or where I saw that posting to put things back to where they were.

I do know if I do a fresh install, the calendar works, but on the two previous forums, they do not, because of my following that posting. I know that if I create a new forum and import the SQL database form the past forums into it, then the calendar does not work and now I do not know how to get around this.

Is there anyway to import the SQL database from a previous forum without it overwriting the fresh installation of MyBB (i.e. deactivating the calendar)?

In any case thank you for the quick replay and for the link on the merger program.

coolcos