MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Annoying Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay I have been having this problem for a few days and narrowed it down to mybb.

It seems every day around midnight the board just refuses to load.

At first I thought it was the server but it isnt.

Then I checked my internet it is fine.

So then I fixed a few settings on the forum and it still happens.

Edit: oops wrong area.. move please?
That is odd. http://ringbattle.co.cc/forum/ is your site correct?
Umm, maybe is your host? If it works fine the rest of the day and only happens at midnight, there might be something being reset daily(since midnight means the beginning of another day) on your host.
(2009-11-11, 11:15 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]That is odd. http://ringbattle.co.cc/forum/ is your site correct?

Yes it is.

@fullmetal i am pretty sure it isn't my host as I have one other site hosted on it and it works fine whenever the oher goes down.

I am using 000webhost if that helps any.
000webhsot is an awful host, they regularly shut down their servers for 'maintenance' but don't tell anyone, leaving your site down with no notice.
Maybe you have some default Cron-Jobs executing on midnight?
PS: Matt's right, 000webhost sucks =/ are you using a free account?
Shadow is most likely correct. But it may be crons from other people or from 000wh. Ask them if the servers are flooded for any reason at that time.
I found out the problem.No big deal.

Oh and I don't why you guys are saying they don't tel you about maintenance.. they always post it on their forums <.<.
It is most certainly your host, I would suggest moving to SiteFrost.com It's a post to host community with it's own dedicated server. I have been with them for a few months now, and I have had no downtime what so ever.
That's assuming people check the forums, which, judging by the amount of people raising issue about it here, doesn't seem to be the majority of users. When my host has planned downtime, they email me.