MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with IE and MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No matter what skin I use, I and everyone else cannot log into mybb. It acts as if you have logged in and then goes back to the index page as a guest.
What can I do if anything about this?
It could be that you have your cookies set wrong. Read this thread: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html

Hope that helps!
Follow the thread FullMetalBabe mentions, but I've noticed that some browsers handle things very differently. I can login with Opera, but not IE or Firefox with certain settings. Experiment until you find the right balance...
Well this is a total mess.. Now there is a serious problem. I uploaded another database. That went very well and it is clean from 2 days ago. Then again when I went into my admin.cp every single link I click on I have to log in.
For instance.. themes.. log in... change the theme log in check plugins-login over and over and over.
I just think I should close the board till this is figured out. I don't know what to do . This happens in IE..Firefox and Opera.
Never had this happen before and my cookies are the same as they always have been..
.webxform.com
/

So I don't know what to do short of reinstalling mybb.
Edit ./inc/settings.php, and change it to the following:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = "";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

Remember to replace those settings with the above, and not just add it on the end. That will work for pretty much every browser in every circumstance. If it doesn't set a cookie prefix and refresh the forum index a few times. Remember to go into the ACP and change these settings once you've got it working.
Okay after following the instructions to a tee very very early this morning at http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html ( it was like 1:30a.m. my time) I can get FF and Opera working just fine.
However that IE is very stubborn...one reason I do not like to use it. Just that some of my members do unfortunatly.
I will try that now and see that it works Tomm.. I really appreciate your advice and thank you too FullMetalBabe.

One mre question. My default theme is damaged somehow. You get a bland index page. Where can I download the original Mybb theme to replace it?
Go to styles & templates in the ACP, and select "Create New Theme". Call it anything you like, but remember to base it off the Master Styles. This will create a brand new theme based off the original templates.