MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A message for visitors when they first land on the home page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

How do i give users an incentive message to persuade them to register when they land on the home page. It would be more helpful if there was a plugin that generated a nice styled window which was editable but not essential. I don't know which file to put the relevant code in so that users only get the 'message' once and not every time a page is loaded.

Thanks Smile
Best thing I can think of is this: http://mybbsource.com/mods.php?act=view&id=35

That shows a message in a table in your theme's style, it'll always show to guests, but only on the index but it's fairly unobtrusive. If you would want it to only show the once though it would need an edit to this plugin or a new plugin altogether, and I don't think there currently is one to only make it show once.
Oh ok thanks Matt... do you know what page code would need to go in, in order for it to be only executed once on the home page?

edit: i imagine theres an external script downloadable which will use a cookie to remember a users visit and then removed when they leave, so that it is shown once each time. Maybe would have to integrate it within MyBB so members don't get it... would be a cool plugin!