MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBCodes.com new administration!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
New owner and administrator for MyBBCodes.com

MyBBCodes.com has been sold november 4th and the ownership transfer of the domain was completed today. We will soon transfer the site on our own server, but before i would like to ask this community to help me definitely solve old tensions regarding its content.

I am quite new in the MyBB world, beeing here for just few months, but this does not mean that i lack experience in coding. I have founded my enterprise in 1979 and was creating hardware and software for the last 30 years, knowing more than 12 programming languages. I am also a teacher in robotics and have designed products in domotics too. I finally decided to get more involved in this community, seeing that it is dynamicaly evoluting and maturing.

I realize that there were tensions between the previous owner of MyBBCodes.com and some members here. From what i was able to read, it was mostly because of culture and language problems. While i do not want to revive these tensions, i would like to know if anyone of you considers having been a victim of any copyright infringement. If this is the case, please send me a PM explaining the problem so i can attend to it as soon as possible.

I will try to do my best as the new owner of this site and i hope that the MyBB community will find some peace in their heart and try to forget the problems from the past.

The site is actually in a modification period, each individual plugin will be revised and my own plugins will be added to it soon.

I am also open to constructive suggestions.

Sincerely,

exdiogene
To be honest, I feel bad for you. But good luck with the site! A new theme could help.
I personally suggest you delete everything on that domain name and start over. Good luck, I know MyBB Codes will be in much better hands Big Grin
(2009-11-11, 04:41 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, I feel bad for you. But good luck with the site! A new theme could help.

Thank you for your concerns. Smile I will take your suggestion in consideration for the theme after the site transfer to our server. Meantime, the most important part for me is the plugins verification...

(2009-11-11, 05:01 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]I personally suggest you delete everything on that domain name and start over. Good luck, I know MyBB Codes will be in much better hands Big Grin

Thank you for your kind words! For the moment, i will try to revive the spirit of MyBBCodes and its credibility. Smile
Great news, did you get all plugins licences ?
(2009-11-11, 05:31 PM)Jaan Wrote: [ -> ]Great news, did you get all plugins licences ?

Yes, ghazal have granted me the copyrights of her plugins. All the license files would need to be replaced by our own in each individual ZIP files. This will occur this week when each plugin will be verified... Wink
I almost bought it but I placed my bid to late. If I owned it I would have deleted the whole forum, start a new forum under a new name and just post all the plugins that came with the buy on to it...

But that was what I would have done.
A word on the trouble ghazal had with some members of this community:
It was not because of her culture, her religion or anything else.

It was because of her actions against her subscribers, her spam at this site, her stealing from other plugin authors.

If you do check the plugins you should look into similarities between ghazals plugins and the plugins of other authors like Jesse Labrocca, Pirata Nervo and mine.

I'd also suggest to completely restart the forum - delete all old topics and create new ones.

A word on the banned member list: I believe ghazal banned all members with german IP to ban me - but I never registered at her board. So innocent members are banned I think.

Good luck, if you would like to have more informations about the stealing or other things PM me, I won't start more discussions here.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Thank you Lennart for all these informations, i already have un-banned one member and i will look for the IP banning as well today.

I will send you a PM in a few minutes. Smile
(2009-11-11, 06:39 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]I almost bought it but I placed my bid to late. If I owned it I would have deleted the whole forum, start a new forum under a new name and just post all the plugins that came with the buy on to it...

But that was what I would have done.

Thank you for telling me your views for that forum, but as i wrote precedently, for the moment i will try to revive the spirit of MyBBCodes and its credibility. Smile
I would reinstall the forum personally. There is just so much crap on it that it doesn't look professional at all.

Good luck though Wink.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5