MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there any way to get an entire thread in a readable format from the database?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because I think the thread was actually deleted, but one of my members wants a copy. First of all, will it still be in the current database somewhere (I didn't think it would be but I'm SURE I saw fragments of it at least...) and also... I have no idea how to extract it in a format that is readable! Smile

I mean, I have old copies of the DB so even if it isn't still in the current one I could probably work something out, but my knowledge of this isn't great so I just need some pointers really!

Thanks a lot all Smile

El!
If you have database backups, it will be in the backups. add me on msn if you need help retriving it [email protected]
ok cool thank you Smile

- added!
(2009-11-12, 02:27 AM)elwave Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, will it still be in the current database somewhere (I didn't think it would be but I'm SURE I saw fragments of it at least...)

No because it's deleted, unless you have the trash can plugin.

If you imported the database to a localhost and you can find the TID you can just run a query on the posts table to get all the posts with that TID.
(2009-11-12, 05:46 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-12, 02:27 AM)elwave Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, will it still be in the current database somewhere (I didn't think it would be but I'm SURE I saw fragments of it at least...)

No because it's deleted, unless you have the trash can plugin.

If you imported the database to a localhost and you can find the TID you can just run a query on the posts table to get all the posts with that TID.

Damn.. I can't find it anywhere... I'll keep hunting though, thanks a lot Smile