MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: COPPA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB needs ro adhere to COPPA for all of us English users. Is ther going to be any adding of COPPA into MyBB soon?
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/coppa.htm

Keep email addresses hidden and don't sell information to a third party. In your privacy statement be sure to indicate that anything they post to the forums will be available to the public, so they should not include their real name, address, or anything else a bad guy could use to find them.
I hate COPPA... and worse, it's the law. Sad I'm in U.S, too... Shy Seriously, I think it only applies to commercial or corporate websites, and not to personal ones where no sales are made. Smile Except for an e-mail address, which isn't really enough to personally identify a person, personal info isn't required for registration. I discourage people from giving that info on my forums, because a bad guy might go there! Rolleyes They can choose to hide their e-mail if they want to.