MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ignore a forum (opposite of the subscription)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is just a feature I would like to see in MyBB.

On my board I've a forum called "fun" and there is a topic where some members of me posting in a thread called "counting to 1000". Every time one is posting in there my forum bring this topic to the "unreaded" list and I always need to manually set this topic to "read" to clean out the list. This is anyoing and a special feature like "ignore this forum" should make my life easier. New topics/posts in this forum should just appear as I already had read them.
Thanks! Didn't realized this site
No problem Smile
I am guessing this never got implemented? Sad
I love how the obvious answer didn't occur to the OP (get rid of crappy forums on your site).
(2013-10-01, 08:33 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I love how the obvious answer didn't occur to the OP (get rid of crappy forums on your site).

This feature could be very useful actually.

Let's say that you see the newest 10 posts on your forum at the bottom. Perhaps some people don't want to see new posts from certain sections. For example one person may not be a gamer and may just be interested in programming and whatever else is on your website. So they may want to be able to "ignore" the whole gaming section so that they only see new posts from the programming section & others. I think it would be nice if they were able to "ignore" certain sections.

The same goes for the opposite where people could subscribe to entire sections of a forum so that they are notified when a new thread is made in that section.
Haha, of course. It's a pretty useful feature. Just found the OP's use case scenario very funny. "I can't deal with how boring my own forum is."
(2013-10-02, 02:15 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, of course. It's a pretty useful feature. Just found the OP's use case scenario very funny. "I can't deal with how boring my own forum is."

Yeah, my reasons seem pretty good to me.
While I've never wanted it on my own forum, I've certainly wanted it on other forums I visit.
Pages: 1 2