MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Text Editor In Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys

On one of my forums, I have a text editor (like the one here) where people post so they can link stuff etc but I cant find this setting in my latest version. Also post icons and smilies don't show, and I cant help feeling this is connected.

Is this simple text editor a setting or is it a plugin.

Any help appreciated.

All the best

Barry
You mean the BBCode Post Editor? Check your javascript files. If One Leads to a 404 page redownload MyBB and then add the files. JScripts folder.
Thanks Dhfola...It may be a setting I have turned off. Where can I turn the BBCode option on at?
ACP --> Configuration --> Settings --> Clickable Smilies and BB Code --> Clickable MyCode Editor
Make sure that is set to 'On'
(2009-11-12, 01:42 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]ACP --> Configuration --> Settings --> Clickable Smilies and BB Code --> Clickable MyCode Editor
Make sure that is set to 'On'

Thanks for the reply Polarbear.

I have set them exactly like that...see images. There are no smilies and no text editing options in posts.

I'm stumped.

All the best

Barry
change your offline storage in mozila to 50 mg.(if u use mozila)
URL?? Test account??
Yeah, a URL and test account would help... Shy
Hi...The url is http://www.barrysfavs.com/forum

Please feel free to set up a test account...or do you need a mod/admin account?

All the best

Barry
Its OK...I found the solution. I have a lot of child forums and I had turned the functionality off in the sub forums.

The path from ACP was forums an posts - options - permissions - edit forum settings.

Sorry for being so dense.

All the best

Barry