MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Already Installed plugins not working with new themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello

Every body I had installed all the plugins than I change the theme but the effect of those plugins could not come to new theme. Is there any way to make my existing mods workable with new theme!!

Further more the When I change the thread post style from new to classic all in the default theme all the plug ins start working and when I but it to modern view plugins don't work!!

Can any one help?
Please help!
I suggest deactivating and then reactivating the plugins which are not working. This happens because when a plugin is activated it can make changes to your templates, but if you add new templates later those changes are not present.
Best method to get the plugin code into the new templates is to deactivate them and reactivate them.

Do you mean no plugins work at all when you use the 'modern' view, or just some...?? That setting wouldn't stop all plugins working.
(2009-11-12, 05:48 PM)Alan Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest deactivating and then reactivating the plugins which are not working. This happens because when a plugin is activated it can make changes to your templates, but if you add new templates later those changes are not present.

Which is why despite the overhead involved... I make my template changes on the fly in most of my plugins. And if I don't I add an admin cp option to "reload" template code; which removes all existing template adjustments by that plugin and reads them. IMO that should be a recommended practice for plugin authors.
(2009-11-12, 05:48 PM)Alan Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest deactivating and then reactivating the plugins which are not working. This happens because when a plugin is activated it can make changes to your templates, but if you add new templates later those changes are not present.

Ok Thanks I try will try and will let all the buddies know what the out come was.

(2009-11-12, 05:50 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Best method to get the plugin code into the new templates is to deactivate them and reactivate them.

Do you mean no plugins work at all when you use the 'modern' view, or just some...?? That setting wouldn't stop all plugins working.

yes some of them are not working anyhow, I have put my forum to the classic preview mode for all users, Wink at least it works well.

If any suggestions please let us know so that we can get benefit of "Modern View".

Thanks I would try deactivate and than activate the reluctant plugins Big Grin
Can you explain how plugins don't work when it's in the modern view?? Is it just plugins that effect the postbit itself?? That setting wouldn't stop *all* pugins working...
Deactivation formula has worked quite fine so far.

And Plugins like social sharing buttons and thanks you were not working quite fine with the modern thread view.

But surprisingly when I changed it to classic view all started to work well.

So I thought there must be setting problem!! Kindly sort them out if you can.
It's nothing wrong with the setting, the code for those plugins just isn't in the template for the modern postbit. If you deactivate the plugin and activate it again it should get added.
Sometimes activating and reactivating doesn't work, like with the advanced board stats, if you deactivate and reactivate, it will be there twice on the themes it was already activated on.