MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: .trow1 and .trow2 will be the death of me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, if you go to my forum http://electrojams.com/forum/ you will see what I am talking about. You will need to change the theme to "The New Soma"

I gave .trow1 and .trow2 a min-height of 60px so they are spaced out and cleaner looking. This gave each row some funny looking space underneath them so I used vertical-alignment: middle; to solve that.

BUT... Now when you go to a long post, the username and avatar and vertically centered as opposed to being at the top.

Sorry if you can't understand that, I have a hard time articulating my thought. Is there a way around this?

[Edit] Also, my quick theme changer also uses a class of .trow1 and so every change I made is applied to that as well... Grr!!!!
You can make a new class called .trow3 or something and give the min-height and vertical-alignment in there. Then go into the forumbit_depth2_cat and forumbit_depth2_forum and change all of the {$bgcolor}'s to trow3 instead.

Thats how I would do it.
And that will affect this theme only?
As long as you edit the CSS and templates for that theme. When in your ACP click 'Templates & Style' tab and then on the left you can either choose 'Themes' or 'Templates'. Either one you choose you just have to select the theme you want to edit (The New Soma)
Okay, I get what you are saying. I have located the templates but do not see where to change the classes to .trow3 ?

[edit] I would just change it like this?

[Image: wnA]
You should see {$bgcolor} a few times. Thats what you should replace.
Interesting, I made the changes successfully but now when I add properties to the .trow3 selector, the changes are not visible. I even made extreme changes such as making the background red just to verify that it was the right class but not change. Sad Any idea?
*homer simpson voice*

Doh! I had <td class=".trow3" which will of course not work. Wink
Lol yea that would help. If you need anymore help feel free to let me know Wink
Joshee, will these modifications break when I upgrade MyBB?
You mean when you upgrade to 1.4.9?
Pages: 1 2