MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any heavily customized portal out there?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just make it on your own, you alredy know what you want. So you're halfway already.
(2009-11-13, 03:17 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]Just make it on your own, you alredy know what you want. So you're halfway already.

I don't know if this was the 'right' answer, if you get me.

Design wise, if a client tells you what he/she wants, would you say 'Just make it on your own, you already know what you want. So you're half way there'?
He's not asking anyone to design it or to provide an instant solution, he just wanted to know if someone have done something alike what he wants. I supposed he knew how to make it, just wanted to get extra ideas. And he's doing it himself anyways, so he just have to actually make it, and use his creativity. As you've said, that what we're lacking this days, so why not propose it as a good solution rather than giving him something to copy.
Besides, there's no such thing as a perfect portal. Move some stuff around and make it unique.
(2009-11-13, 03:51 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]JS is easy! You must learn Java first Toungue (that's how I found most fundaments easy lol)

To get a little on topic: so that's a concent slider on a portal... hmm, interesting (yeah, maybe I don't trick anyone xD)

Sorry for being offtopic but I had to note that Javascript has nothing to do with Java. Toungue
Pages: 1 2