MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: serious help is needed please :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, i have downloaded my whole forum from one host, and re-uploaded to a new host.
i also uploaded the 'install' directory from a fresh copy of mybb, but it says that i already have it installed.

all i wanted to do was copy my forum from one host to another, as i have upgrade my domain from .co.cc to .org.
i really want this sorted, and would be very grateful if someone can assist me.

thanks,
-craizer.
You have a database backup from your Co.CC domain? We will get you transfered then we will change the rest.

Go to Cpanel. Back you your mysql database.
Go to your new hots Cpanel, go to restore backup in Phpmyadmin. (can't recall the correct name atm) then just add the files
No need for the /install/
Next for the domain, there are two settings under board settings. Cookie settings and site url. Change all to your new domain. whatever it may be.
if you have cPanel then you can use Auto installer for installing mybb.

Make a "new DB"(1) and install mybb forum.

once your installation complete then make a "new DB"(2) and go to phpMyAdmin > Your new DB(2) and import your Old forum(.cc) DB after successfully DB imported then open your settings(configuration) file and replace New DB(1) to new DB(2)

its very easy. i am already use this trick on my forum.

if you can't do it then PM me Smile
Pm'ed you kunnusingh Big Grin
ahhhh, i still havent resolved this Sad
can someone maybe do this for me??
Just install again, drop the new empty tables, and import your backup, and it'll be back to normal.
how do i import my backup?
and what do you mean by 'drop the new tables'?
After you've reinstalled, go into phpMyAdmin, choose your database from the list on the left, scroll down, there's an link called Select All, click that, then there's an option called 'With Selected', choose drop, that'll get rid of all the empty tables from the new install. Then click the Import tab at the top, browse for the backup file, click Go, and let it load.
yay, finally its sorted Big Grin
thankyou sooooo much Big GrinBig Grin