MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: One theme for logged in, another theme or archive version for not logged in possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - I just discovered mybb and just love it. The plugins are great too, and really did it for me. It really is thought through.

I was actually just about to drop mybb because there was no danish translation. But google beat your download section, because I found one at mybb.dk danish translation for mybb- so perhaps you should fetch that translation and make it available at your download section.

But to my question: I dont need people who are not logged in to see all the things that are available and meaningful for logged in participating users to see. That dont make sense to me. In stead I would prefer to have not logged in people see the archive version, but with the nice urls from the google seo plugin or similar - and not www.domain.tld/archive/index.php/++++, or let them see a similar theme and then remove the archive version.
Actually I really want the normal installation hidden away on a different domain for security reasons if I could, and let the theme or archive section be static html-pages.

Is this possible with some mod_rewrite voodoo or how could this be done relatively easily ?

Thanks so much for a great discussion board,
Jacob from Denmark.
If you want guests to use a different theme, you can create a new one and chanhe the settings so only guests can see it, and remove guest access from all other themes, then that's the theme they'll use. Then you can edit the templates for that theme and remove anything you don't want them seeing.
But what about the archive version - can it be removed by removing the link to the archive and deleting the archive folder ?

And is it possible to make static html-pages (couldnt find any plugins or modifications) ?

Thanks, Jacob from Denmark.
If you delete the folder nobody would be able to access it, but you could remove the link to it from the footer, it's unlikely anyone would type it directly into their browser, or you could edit the ./archive/index.php file and disallow guests access by putting this in:

if($mybb->user['uid'] == 0)
{
	error_no_permission();
}

You can make HTML pages and just upload them, what would you be using them for?? If it's general information or something you could go to ACP > Configuration > Help Documents and use those.
Thanks again, Matt.

What I mean is more a matter of speed, like a caching system. In stead of dynamically generated pages I would prefer static html-pages saved on the disk system. They should only be updated for number of replies and such, and then locked after a month or two, so noone can post to them after a month or two.

So it is not a matter of uploading html-pages - but saving the forum as static html-pages on the disk - for the sake of speed. A cache-function if you will.