MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How many have replied in a thread, not just number of replies ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would be nice if the forum-view over topics would show how many people have replied in a topic - not just the number of replies. That way we could get a feeling off how hot a topic is . There is a diference between 30 replies by just two persons - and then 30 replies by 30 people.

Just a thought.

Thanks for a great board,

Jacob from Denmark.
Click the number of views...
Dont make sense to me. If I click on views I cannot tell how many people are discussing in the topic. The point could also be expressed differently.

A topic is seen by how many=views
How many replies are there in the topic=replies
How many people have replied and can be considered participating in the thread=What I suggest to be viewable next to replies and views.

It would be interesting for me to know, if it is only two people making a really long post - or a lot of people have posted.

Thanks.
(2009-11-13, 06:58 PM)hjertelandetdk Wrote: [ -> ]Dont make sense to me. If I click on views I do not find out how many people are discussing in the topic.

Oh, I meant number of replies, sorry. If you click that you get a list of everybody who posted, and how many posts they have in the thread.
Not a problem. You guys are good. I had not seen that. Nice. Then what I want is just a small modification. In stead of Replies in the overview bar - I want Replies/Repliers substitued. And where before was just the number of replies that you could click on - then I want the number of replies//number of posters - where the number of posters would be clickable and show who posted - that would make better sense to me.

Replies/Repliers
19/4 - and the four would then be clickable and show who posted.

Thanks again, Matt.
It's slightly more difficult to compute unfortunately. To count the number of users, you effectively need to select through the posts table in the forumdisplay. This can be done when someone actually posts to perhaps speed things up a little, however it means that the system somehow needs to keep track of the number of unique users in a thread. Maybe an indexed uid in the posts table works alright with a SELECT DISTINCT query - I dunno - worth trying I guess.

I do like the idea though.
(2009-11-13, 06:19 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Click the number of views...

Wow, I didn't know this!