MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Data Base Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently all the trouble I have had as of late was discovered late yesterday afternoon when I began comparing a fresh downoad of mybb 1.49 and the version I had installed. Someone when my server had a DOS attack inserted a couple exploit files and it caused havoc.
I reinstalled with a clean database from before the incident on Oct. 31st.
Here is my question:
Is there a way to extract members from the old database ( which I still have access to in the cpanel.) to the newer board? I lost over 50 members that I would hate to have re-register.

Also is it safe to re-install the plugins I used that are showing in the configuration but not on the plugins? They are not working right now.

Thank you...
Again Rolleyes
You shouldn't need to do anything to the database if nothing has been inserted to it, you could just deactivate all plugins, delete all files, and reupload everything, then there wouldn't be any non-MyBB files anywhere, unless you mean something has actually been put in the database itself that's causing a problem...??
Yup something was in there... because when I originally reinstalled after deleting.. and hooked it up to the forum.. it went nuts all over again...
Define 'going nuts'... what actually happened?? Chances are it can be fixed without having to reinstall.
Well It was the same issue as yesterday and I just ran the query you gave me for the theme on that database and tired again. The forum does not show... Same old Same Old...
Also I currently have my board closed and yet there are guests on there downloading. How can that be LOL
Well, the forum is up and running. I may have lost some 50 some odd members and some 54 or so posts, but because I downloaded a total copy of my board prior to this, I was able to recover very quickly. The next few days will be a bit difficult with the recent changes having to be remade.
I wish to thank you so very much Matt for all the time you spent with me on this. I really appreciate it. Blush