MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Maximum Server Load ???????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got the following message when I went to logon my forum http://www.mfpforum.net

"The maximum server load limit has been reached. Please check back later once the server is less busy."

Since I am hosting this with a company that I have unlimited bandwidth with, why am I getting this message....
There is no such thing as 'unlimited' bandwidth, it's a marketing ploy, but bandwidth isn't the same as server load, bandwidth is the amount of data transfered per month, server load is the current 'strain' on the server. This is something you'll need to ask them about.
(2009-11-13, 09:56 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There is no such thing as 'unlimited' bandwidth, it's a marketing ploy, but bandwidth isn't the same as server load, bandwidth is the amount of data transfered per month, server load is the current 'strain' on the server. This is something you'll need to ask them about.

Actually Matt in this case there is such a thing as unlimited bandwidth and unlimited disk storage... take a look at http://www.bluehost.com/tell_me_more.html.... I have been using them for about 4 yrs now for all my customer's websites... they have great support and great pricing...
I have been on the phone for over 30 minutes trying to fix it...
You can't have unlimited disk storage, a disk cannot hold an unlimited amount of data, they say it's unlimited as they know nobody will use enough to cause an issue.

Anyway, what plugins do you have running?? Some might be increasing the load.
Guys listen to what Matt said and don't be dumf**ks, how can a server have unlimited bandwidth? Thats like saying a lollipop has unlimited flavor. All they do is when your almost reach limit of the bandwidth they will just add more bandwidth to the server by installing better hardware or move you to another server with more space.

Also server load usually also has to do with the server it self and not the bandwidth. Aks yours host about the servers and the RAM and CPU. Good luck Wink.
(2009-11-13, 10:39 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You can't have unlimited disk storage, a disk cannot hold an unlimited amount of data, they say it's unlimited as they know nobody will use enough to cause an issue.

Anyway, what plugins do you have running?? Some might be increasing the load.

Akismet (1.2.1)
Fast Menu (0.2b)
Ban a user or users from sending Personal Messages and Emails. (1.0)
Private Messages Admin (2.4.1)

Could NIX Load Limiting have something to do with it... I reloaded the forum and changed it back to 0 from the recommended 5.0 and now I don't have the problem anymore....

I had to reload the forum because I could not sign in...
As I said before ask your host about whats taking so much resources, if you are on shared hosting that might be the answer. Also does your host have a inodes restriction on it?
Correct me if I am wrong. But from memory is there a thing in the ACP that limits the bandwidth. This may have been altered.. I remember playing with it somewhere and getting the same error message.
Geoff
(2009-11-13, 09:54 PM)oldgriz Wrote: [ -> ]"The maximum server load limit has been reached. Please check back later once the server is less busy."

FYI: Pretty often, not always, that exact message is a 'burp', and the server is fine by the time you refresh your browser.
Problem has been solved...