MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mySQL error: 1062 when trying to create a theme or posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did you use the upgrade script to upgrade your forums to 1.02? I have the feeling you only uploaded the new files.

Try running install/upgrade.php and see if that solves the problem.
The upgrade doesn't work with the 1.00 regular version, where I started out. Bad database? If so, I let my members know, so they'll know to re-register.

It happened when I upgraded from 4.1.11 to 4.1.16. A problem from the upgrading process? Don't delete this just yet. It could be a problem with the MySQL upgrade.
heloo there

restart the upgrade process from 0, means to upload all files, then run the ./install/upgrade.php

many regards
Just so you know, I used phpMyAdmin-2.7.0-pl2 to import the database. Maybe it's that... guess I'd better use something else!

LATER: Yep, it's phpMyAdmin! Guess I'd better manually import and export databases now, eh?
Quote:restart the upgrade process from 0, means to upload all files, then run the ./install/upgrade.php
You can't keep running the upgrade process over and over again - you'll damage your boards.

Quote:Just so you know, I used phpMyAdmin-2.7.0-pl2 to import the database. Maybe it's that... guess I'd better use something else!
Okay, what i'm now thinking happened is that PHPMyAdmin screwed up the indexes and didn't set the auto increment value for the themes table - which is why you'd be getting a duplicate key error.

I'd possibly report that problem to the PHPMyAdmin team if you have some time as well - so they can look into it.

Let me know if things still aren't working.

Chris
Things are working now, because this time I created the database manually through the terminal... I'll never use phpMyAdmin again... at least not until that glitch is fixed. I might ask them. BEWARE! DON'T USE PHPMYADMIN TO BACKUP YOUR DATABASES UNTIL THIS GLITCH IS FIXED! Oh, and registrations and Quest themes are open now!