MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4.x/1.6.x] Thank You/Like System v1.5 (Updated: 10/26/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it does not work for me, i get stuck when i press thanks >_>
(2009-11-23, 11:44 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]it does not work for me, i get stuck when i press thanks >_>

Have you checked the templates as instructed in this post?
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-596...#pid426555

Again, I repeat myself, if its hanging on the loading image, check that the templates have been inserted properly and most importantly check the element ids and styles!

If you need me to help you please post here with a link to the board where you're having this problem with a test account created which I can use to look at the issue.
Seems it is not processing the template parameter in private message postbit.

It shows thanks on thread postbit.. cool.
But on pm postbit it show like %%thankyou%% , something like that.

Btw, waiting eagrly for next release with both given and recieve function.. Smile
(2009-11-24, 08:51 PM)srch07 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems it is not processing the template parameter in private message postbit.

It shows thanks on thread postbit.. cool.
But on pm postbit it show like %%thankyou%% , something like that.

Btw, waiting eagrly for next release with both given and recieve function.. Smile

Yes that is a reported bug and will be fixed in the next release.

I'll be releasing v1.1 of the plugin today, in a couple of hours.
Thanks now it's working Big Grin
Quote:I'll be releasing v1.1 of the plugin today, in a couple of hours.

Wow! waiting...
Here is version 1.1 of the plugin.

Upgrade instructions if you don't want to dig through the Readme are as follows:

- Make a note of the plugin settings and any custom template changes you made.
- Deactivate old version
- Upload new files overwriting where necessary. (Some servers don't work well with overwriting, in those cases its better to just delete the old files and upload the new ones)
- Refresh the Plugins page. You should now see the Plugin showing the current version. You should also see "Install and Activate" under the controls.
- Install and activate the plugin. Go to settings change settings to your requirements.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Recount and Rebuild the Thank You/Like data using the Recount/Rebuild Link on the plugin page or by going to AdminCP>Tools>Recount Thank You/Like. You need to do this in order to synchronize the data since this plugin adds new features and data that were previously not there.
- If you had any custom modifications to the templates, Check the templates.
- Done!

/**********************/
/* Thank You/Like System v1.1 by -G33K - */
/* MyBB v1.4.* Plugin */

Change Log:

Version 1.1
- Added Thanks/Likes Received count and displaying both Thanks/Likes Given and received in postbit user details and member profile
- Fixed AJAX caching issue with IE browsers where Thanking/Liking the same post and removing continuously resulted in the browser using cached ajax results thus giving irrelevant updates.
- Fixed postbit user details in PM, Announcement and Preview to properly parse the user details and not show %%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%.
- Changed behaviour of the Thanks/Like button for guests. Now if a guest clicks on Thanks/Like button they are taken to the login page and after successfully logging in the thanks/like is processed. Previously it just gave a message that guest can not add Thanks/Likes.
- Minor bug fixes.

Version 1.0
- Initial Release

CONTENTS

I. Description
II. Features
III. Install
IV. Upgrade
V. Uninstall
VI. More Information

I. DESCRIPTION:
Thank You/Like System enables users to "Thank" or "Like" posts thus showing their appreciation for a post without necessarily having to bump the thread. This plugin is completely customizable where nearly every aspect of the plugin can be controlled from the settings page. Take a look at the screenshots or the live demo for more info on the available options and usability.

II. FEATURES:
- Turn plugin on/off with a single option.
- Switch between "Thank You" or "Like" by changing one simple option.
- Thank Yous/Likes are fully ajax compatible.
- Customize Thank Yous/Likes for first post of thread only or for all posts.
- Selectable option to allow/disallow users from removing their Thank Yous/Likes
- Exclude forums where you do not want to use the Thank Yous/Likes system.
- Plugin tracks number of Thank Yous/Likes for users, posts and threads as well as a grand total.
- Shows Thank Yous/Likes in postbit as well as the user's profile.
- Counts both the Thanks/Likes given as well as the Thanks/Likes received and the number of posts received in.
- Finds all threads or posts Thanked/Liked by any particular user as well as threads or posts where a user received thanks/Likes.
- Thank Yous/Likes list can be made to collapse saving space for boards where threads/posts get alot of Thank Yous/Likes.
- Sort the Thank Yous/Likes by username or by order of Date/Time Thanked/Liked
- Show/Hide Date/Time of Thank You/Like and also set the format of the Date/Time
- Works for all modes of views, classic, modern, linear, threaded.
- Thank Yous/Likes can be recounted and rebuilt if they get out of sync for any reason.
- Format list of users who have Thanked/Liked according to their display groups or just keep it plain.

III. INSTALL:
- Unzip/Unrar and upload ALL the files in the Upload folder to their respective folders.
The files are:
* /thankyoulike.php
* /tylsearch.php
* /admin/modules/tools/thankyoulike_recount.php
* /images/english/postbit_l_add.gif
* /images/english/postbit_l_add.gif
* /images/english/postbit_ty_add.gif
* /images/english/postbit_ty_add.gif
* /inc/languages/english/thankyoulike.lang.php
* /inc/languages/english/tools_thankyoulike_recount.lang.php
* /inc/plugins/thankyoulike.php
* /jscripts/thankyoulike.js

MAKE SURE ALL THE ABOVE FILES ARE UPLOADED FOR THE PLUGIN TO WORK CORRECTLY
- Install and Activate the plugin from the Admin Panel, Plugins section.
- Configure the options to suit your needs on the settings page of the plugin.

IV. UPGRADE:
- Make a note of the plugin settings and any custom template changes you made.
- Deactivate old version
- Upload new files overwriting where necessary. (Some servers don't work well with overwriting, in those cases its better to just delete the old files and upload the new ones)
- Refresh the Plugins page. You should now see the Plugin showing the current version. You should also see "Install and Activate" under the controls.
- Install and activate the plugin. Go to settings change settings to your requirements.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Recount and Rebuild the Thank You/Like data using the Recount/Rebuild Link on the plugin page or by going to AdminCP>Tools>Recount Thank You/Like. You need to do this in order to synchronize the data since this plugin adds new features and data that were previously not there.
- If you had any custom modifications to the templates, Check the templates.
- Done!

V. UNINSTALL:
This plugin has 2 parts to uninstalling. This is done to preserve all the data that is tracked by the plugin for all the Thank Yous/Likes during a routine Deactivate/Uninstall to either troubleshoot an issue with your board or to upgrade forum software.

**To Uninstall the plugin in order to update either the plugin or MyBB or any other reason:**
- Deactivate the plugin from the Admin Plugins menu. This will preserve all the Thank Yous/Like data which tracks which user has Thanked/Liked which post so that when you reinstall the plugin the data will be available.

------------------------------------

**To COMPLETELY UNINSTALL the plugin including all the data that tracks the Thank Yous/Likes for every user and post you will need to do the following:**
WARNING: FOLLOWING THE STEPS BELOW WILL COMPLETELY REMOVE ALL OF THE Thank You/Like DATA FOR EVERY USER AND POST. DO THIS ONLY IF YOU ARE NO LONGER PLANNING TO USE THE PLUGIN, WANT TO START OVER CLEAN OR YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF THE DATA.
- First deactivate and uninstall the Thank You/Like plugin from the plugins menu.
- Next, Upload the uninstallthankyoulike.php file from the Uninstaller folder to /inc/plugins on your server.
- Activate once and Deactivate the Uninstaller plugin. Make sure no error messages show up on the plugin info for the Uninstaller.
- After deactivating you can safely delete all the uninstaller and Thank You/Like Plugin Files. The plugin is completely removed.

VI. MORE INFORMATION:
This section is for those who want to know more about the plugin, specifically which templates the plugin changes and new ones that it offers. Users who are using a customized template and are not satisfied with the default layout that the plugin provides may want to look in this section on how to customize the plugin and which templates to edit.

Templates Added:

Global>thankyoulike
Template containing The block with the list of users who have Thanked/Liked a post for the default view.
Global>thankyoulike_classic
Template containing The block with the list of users who have Thanked/Liked a post for the classic view.
Global>thankyoulike_expcollapse
Template For the Expand/Collapse image which Expands/Collapses the block of Thank Yous/Likes.
Global>thankyoulike_button_add
Template for the button to add Thank You/Like. If you do not want to use an image, change it to text here.
Global>thankyoulike_button_del
Template for the button to delete Thank You/Like. If you do not want to use an image, change it to text here.
Global>thankyoulike_users
Template for the list of users who have Thanked/Liked a post
Global>thankyoulike_memprofile
Template for the section added to user's profile which shows the number of Thank Yous/Likes stats.

Templates Changed:

Show Thread Templates>showthread
Changes to include the jscript for the plugin.
Post Bit Templates>potbit
Changes to include the Add/Remove Thank You/Like button and the block for the Thank Yous/Likes for the default view.
Post Bit Templates>postbit_classic
Changes to include the Add/Remove Thank You/Like button and the block for the Thank Yous/Likes for the classic view.
Post Bit Templates>postbit_author_user
Changes to include the number of user's Thank Yous/Likes in the postbit stats of the user.
Member Templates>member_profile
Changes to include the section in user's profile to show Thank Yous/Likes stats.

Recounting and Rebuilding the Thank You/Like stats:
If for any reason your stats seem off you can recount the Thank Yous/Likes. Doing so will remove any orphaned Thank Yous/Likes and recount them for each user and post. Orphaned Thank Yous/Likes are those that might have been left behind on a post or user being deleted by not using the mod interface (like directly from the databse for example).

Notes:
- Permissions for if a user can Thank/Like a post is dependant on whether they can post in that thread or not. Guests, however can never thank/like a post regardless of guest post option.
- Obviously, the post opener will not be able to Thank/Like the post.
- Deleting a thread/post will remove all its related Thank Yous/Likes and reduce the count for the users who have Thanked/Liked that thread/post.
- Merging posts will merge the Thank Yous/Likes too removing duplicates and updating counts.
- Deleting a user will remove all the user's Thank Yous/Likes from all the posts.
- If you move a thread to a forum that has been set to exclude Thank Yous/likes it will not show any Thank Yous/likes and will not allow adding/removing any Thank Yous/Likes while in that forum. The Thank Yous/Likes will however be preserved so that they will be visible again if the thread is moved out of the excluded forum.

[attachment=16133][attachment=16131][attachment=16132][attachment=16125][attachment=16126][attachment=16129][attachment=16130][attachment=16127][attachment=16128]

Plugin Validated!
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/thank-you-like-system

I am also in the process of setting up a new location where I can demo my plugins and allow users to download from, once that is up, I shall update here with the link.
Here is a temporary link:
http://geekplugins.com/
After Updating when I am giving thank you to any post and refresh the page this is what is happening,screenshot below..

[Image: 351zeip.png]

Its coming up with two lines...when I remove the thank its just removing one line...then i refresh the page and its removing other line..whats happening?? I am clueless..

Also I noticed that in my page source there is two thankyou template present..see below..

[Image: 14tngqd.png]

How to solve it??
(2009-11-25, 11:42 AM)tech2game Wrote: [ -> ]After Updating when I am giving thank you to any post and refresh the page this is what is happening,screenshot below..

[Image: 351zeip.png]

Its coming up with two lines...when I remove the thank its just removing one line...then i refresh the page and its removing other line..whats happening?? I am clueless..

Also I noticed that in my page source there is two thankyou template present..see below..

[Image: 14tngqd.png]

How to solve it??

This could be caused either because you did not deactivate the previous version before installing the newer version, or you had a custom edit in the postbit templates which the plugin could not remove.

To fix it, check your postbit and postbit_classic templates for duplicate entries.
Use this post for checking what should be in the template. Its better you check all the templates listed in the post to make sure its not duplicated in any other templates.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-596...#pid426555

To anyone else updating, please make sure you follow the upgrade instructions properly. You MUST deactivate the plugin first and make sure you remove any customizations you may have made to the thanks/like tables before you upload the new plugin and install it.
Thanks for the update Smile