MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4.x/1.6.x] Thank You/Like System v1.5 (Updated: 10/26/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you problem solved and a big thank you for the fast Update.
(2009-11-23, 10:58 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-23, 09:12 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]I installed this today and found some issues too.

I found the fixes to the templates on page 6.... I only had to fix the user cp template, so that was easy.

But the page keeps loading on using the thank/like. If you hit refresh, it stops and registers but checking the template fixes on the page 6 solution, the jscript template code is indeed there.

I tried uploading a fresh jscript file but that did no good.

Any suggestions?

As explained in the post on page 6, the reason for the loading image to get stuck would be if it couldn't find the element id where to insert the updated data it received through ajax. So if you are using a custom template and need to change the thank you templates, change them but make sure the IDs and the style calls remain the same.

If you can't figure out, I could help you but I'll need the URL of the board where this is happening, with a test account so I can look at the root of the problem.

And that answer makes absolutely no sense when she just told you all the proper template edits are there. Also it is happening even on the stock theme. Not trying to be rude, but the templates are NOT the issue. They're exactly what your post on page 6 says they should be.
OK I just upgraded to v 1.1 and still have the constant page load issue in IE based browsers.

All other browsers work fine.
All templates are exactly how they should be.

This was tested on a clean install on a test board.

Could this just be a permanent issue with IE? I have a lot of members who still use IE and are not willing to use a new browser. If you think this is going to be a permanent issue, I need to know so I can make a "note" for them to just thank/like and hit refresh and not worry about it.
You should add a
"Thanked X Posts
Thanked X times in X posts"
thing for postbit.
I got this problem in Member profile

Watch, they are empty brackets...
They should say.. percentage.. etc ... right?

Let me know how to fix this...
^That doesn't happen to me
Thanks for the new version
(2009-11-25, 04:03 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-23, 10:58 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-23, 09:12 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]I installed this today and found some issues too.

I found the fixes to the templates on page 6.... I only had to fix the user cp template, so that was easy.

But the page keeps loading on using the thank/like. If you hit refresh, it stops and registers but checking the template fixes on the page 6 solution, the jscript template code is indeed there.

I tried uploading a fresh jscript file but that did no good.

Any suggestions?

As explained in the post on page 6, the reason for the loading image to get stuck would be if it couldn't find the element id where to insert the updated data it received through ajax. So if you are using a custom template and need to change the thank you templates, change them but make sure the IDs and the style calls remain the same.

If you can't figure out, I could help you but I'll need the URL of the board where this is happening, with a test account so I can look at the root of the problem.

And that answer makes absolutely no sense when she just told you all the proper template edits are there. Also it is happening even on the stock theme. Not trying to be rude, but the templates are NOT the issue. They're exactly what your post on page 6 says they should be.

No need to get worked up. If you read her post again, especially this part:
Quote:If you hit refresh, it stops and registers but checking the template fixes on the page 6 solution, the jscript template code is indeed there.

She's talking about the jscript code in the templates, that jscript code is only in one template which led me to believe that she probably didn't check all the templates. She also mentioned a user cp template, I'm not even touching any of the usercp templates which further led me to believe she didn't check them properly which is why I asked her to check them again.

I have repeatedly asked for a URL and test account where this problem is occurring so that I can have a look and see what the problem is but that request has been ignored, so please keep your attitude to yourself!

(2009-11-25, 05:04 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]OK I just upgraded to v 1.1 and still have the constant page load issue in IE based browsers.

Could this just be a permanent issue with IE? I have a lot of members who still use IE and are not willing to use a new browser. If you think this is going to be a permanent issue, I need to know so I can make a "note" for them to just thank/like and hit refresh and not worry about it.

I will repeat what I have said again, URL, test account, beyond that I can't help you as it works fine for me in IE (IE8 by the way). Have you checked if this is happening on a different system or yours only? What version of IE?

(2009-11-25, 07:53 PM)cellphonetalk Wrote: [ -> ]You should add a
"Thanked X Posts
Thanked X times in X posts"
thing for postbit.

v1.1 already has this.

(2009-11-25, 09:08 PM)srch07 Wrote: [ -> ]I got this problem in Member profile

Watch, they are empty brackets...
They should say.. percentage.. etc ... right?

Let me know how to fix this...

Did you make any changes to the mem_profile templates? You could try deactivating, making sure all the thankyoulike templates are gone from the global section and activating again. If that doesn't fix it check your member templates with those on page 6 of this thread.
Lastly, try reuploading the language file of the plugin.

(2009-11-25, 09:21 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]^That doesn't happen to me
Thanks for the new version

You're welcome. Thanks for the comments.
Thanks for the reply " - G33K - "
Actually, when installing plugin, my member.php wasn't modified by the plugin automatically, so i manually inserted the code found from its plugin file for member.php

I'll try the suggestions you made.. than reply back asap.
There is a problem with all of the plugins (because of my theme,) they don't show up because of the template, so I have to add it manually. What do I add for the thanks button and thanked, to show up on profile and posts?
(2009-11-25, 09:41 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-25, 05:04 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]OK I just upgraded to v 1.1 and still have the constant page load issue in IE based browsers.

I will repeat what I have said again, URL, test account, beyond that I can't help you as it works fine for me in IE (IE8 by the way). Have you checked if this is happening on a different system or yours only? What version of IE?

I'm using IE7. IE8 is a nightmare on my computer. Could this be the issue?

It's working perfectly on all other browsers but IE7 for me. Again, I never tested IE8 due to it being a nightmare of slowness adn errors on my computer.

Sending a pm to you now for test acct info.