MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4.x/1.6.x] Thank You/Like System v1.5 (Updated: 10/26/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
great!
(2010-11-25, 11:21 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-25, 10:28 AM)ecanikajo Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to assume assigned thanks in this plugin and how to do that?
http://community.mybb.com/thread-64179.html

Do you mean transfer the thanks from that plugin to this one? I'm sure it can be done with a simple import or merge. I haven't looked at that plugin but if you are serious about moving over I can check it out.
Please, look it.

Thanks for plugin
I installed it, then started using it without any problem
I wonder if it is possible/easy to add an option so a notification email is automaticaly sent to a member whenever someone thank his post?
(2010-12-19, 08:38 AM)ecanikajo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-25, 10:28 AM)ecanikajo Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to assume assigned thanks in this plugin and how to do that?

Do you mean transfer the thanks from that plugin to this one? I'm sure it can be done with a simple import or merge. I haven't looked at that plugin but if you are serious about moving over I can check it out.
Please, look it.

I'll see if I can get some time to do this some time soon.

(2010-12-19, 10:28 AM)katib Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for plugin
I wonder if it is possible/easy to add an option so a notification email is automaticaly sent to a member whenever someone thank his post?

If I see alot of requests for this I might include it.
(2010-12-19, 11:20 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-19, 10:28 AM)katib Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for plugin

If I see alot of requests for this I might include it.
Thanks
Hope that there will be enough request to justify such add-on
(2010-12-19, 08:38 AM)ecanikajo Wrote: [ -> ]

Please, look it.

Here is a quick script I've written to import the thanks data from this plugin:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/thanks

Please use this to import data from that plugin only. If you're using a different one, let me know and I'll make changes to the script accordingly.

Instructions:

BACKUP! Backup your database first before doing any of the below in case something goes wrong.

1. Install the Thank You/Like System plugin if you haven't already. Deactivate it.

2. Deactivate the other thx plugin too.

3. Upload the merge script to your forum root

4. Access the script by going to your <forumurl>/tylmerge.php
(You need to be in administrator group to be able to run the script.)

5. Follow the instructions to import the data. Go all the way to the end untill the plugin tells you its complete.

6. Recount Thank You / Like by going to the Thank You / Like Recount link under Tools & Maintenance.

7. You can now remove the tylmerge.php file and activate the Thank You Like System plugin. You're all done.

Any problems let me know.

EDIT (8th Feb 2011): Attachment updated with new version of the merge script. Small bug in the old one that showed up on IE (surprise!).
Im using this mod but the thanks receive/given at post bit doesnt appear on some other themes..im using PROBLACK theme..
Helle bro G33K im using this now on my forum..But my problem now is im using mobile version of mybb cause majority of my users are using operamini and ucweb..I tried to insert the code {$post['button_tyl']} to the postbit but there is a image of thanks show..I want to make that a plain text just like the other buttons..Take a look at the screenshots.

And i also tried to change the code like this..
<a href="thankyoulike.php?action=add&amp;pid={$post['pid']}" onclick="return thankyoulike.add({$post['pid']}, {$post['tid']});" title="{$lang->add_tyl}" id="tyl_a{$post['pid']}" {$lang->add_tyl}" id="tyl_i{$post['pid']}"><font color="#555">Thanks</font></a>
the "thanks" button is there but when you clicked it the link is still there..I want to make that dissapear everytime i click the link..Thank bro hope you can help me..
(2010-12-23, 08:43 AM)kadhafi Wrote: [ -> ]Im using this mod but the thanks receive/given at post bit doesnt appear on some other themes..im using PROBLACK theme..

I'm sorry I missed your post earlier, but check that you have all the template edits:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-59652-p...#pid599058

(2011-01-05, 02:14 PM)Abuh_sabaya Wrote: [ -> ]Helle bro G33K im using this now on my forum..But my problem now is im using mobile version of mybb cause majority of my users are using operamini and ucweb..I tried to insert the code {$post['button_tyl']} to the postbit but there is a image of thanks show..I want to make that a plain text just like the other buttons..Take a look at the screenshots.

And i also tried to change the code like this..
<a href="thankyoulike.php?action=add&amp;pid={$post['pid']}" onclick="return thankyoulike.add({$post['pid']}, {$post['tid']});" title="{$lang->add_tyl}" id="tyl_a{$post['pid']}" {$lang->add_tyl}" id="tyl_i{$post['pid']}"><font color="#555">Thanks</font></a>
the "thanks" button is there but when you clicked it the link is still there..I want to make that dissapear everytime i click the link..Thank bro hope you can help me..

Did you add that code manually in the postbit? If you did then it won't change automatically, you need to edit this in the global templates, however editing it there means it will change it in the other themes too.
You if i remove the image and replace it with a plain text the same result in the other themes?Hmm i think i need a javascrip to make the link dissapear when clicking it..
You if i remove the image and replace it with a plain text the same result in the other themes?Hmm i think i need a javascrip to make the link dissapear when clicking it..