MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4.x/1.6.x] Thank You/Like System v1.5 (Updated: 10/26/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-01-07, 01:37 AM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! Can there be a made an option that lets you choose if you want users to be able to like only the main topic post or not? I mean i don't want users to have the option to like all the posts excepting the first post from a topic, the one that actually creates that topic. Hope you understand what i mean. Thanks!Smile

This option already exists. Check the settings under "First Post only or All"
Thanks, my bad that i didn't take it first. Got a beer from me Smile.

P.S: One final question, is there any difference between like and thank you or just the "title"?
(2012-01-07, 02:01 AM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, my bad that i didn't take it first. Got a beer from me Smile.

P.S: One final question, is there any difference between like and thank you or just the "title"?

They are essentially the same, only difference is in language and grammar and buttons.
Ok thanks! Cheers!
I downloaded the plugin system thanks for MyBB 1.6.5 but I encountered a problem. When I put up and display the vertical post works perfectly but when I put classic view instead I get out of an infinite load. You know help me with this problem? Also I do not know if it can be helpful but I noticed that clicking on the portrait display thanks goes out the name of the person thanked in the classic mode rather not. Thank you in advance for your answers help
would it be possible to make this show when someone has given a post rep?
when will thi be updated to 1.6.5
(2012-01-09, 02:13 PM)ilsuonodelcuore Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded the plugin system thanks for MyBB 1.6.5 but I encountered a problem. When I put up and display the vertical post works perfectly but when I put classic view instead I get out of an infinite load. You know help me with this problem? Also I do not know if it can be helpful but I noticed that clicking on the portrait display thanks goes out the name of the person thanked in the classic mode rather not. Thank you in advance for your answers help

While its a little hard to understand what you are saying I think I got the gist of what you were saying. I have not had this problem in any of my tests, so first thing to do is to check that you have all the template edits, see the first post for the link to the template edits post. If that still doesn't work then PM me your url and test account and I could have a look.

(2012-01-09, 05:13 PM)Karlitosway Wrote: [ -> ]would it be possible to make this show when someone has given a post rep?

Not sure what you mean but this plugin is not related to post rep in any way and I do not intend to hook it to reps. This plugin is meant for the users to give a thanks or like to a post without having to actually post, thus minimizing the one word thanks posts.

(2012-01-10, 01:17 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]when will thi be updated to 1.6.5

As I explained here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-59652-p...#pid798769 the current release works on 1.6.5 without any problems. I know you posted about this earlier on but at that time I had not gotten to test this plugin on 1.6.5, now that 1.6.5 is out and I have had a chance to test it out, I have found everything is ok. However, there is a release coming up in a week or two but its unrelated to 1.6.5, it has some other bug fixes, code changes and additional features.
Ok thanks, sorry i never saw that post just trying to make sure all plugins will work before i upgrade the board i know i'm slacking i normally would of done this by now, by the time i upgrade they will have released 1.6.6
Would it be possible to add a feature of showing the count of likes of the first post of the thread on the forum page (for example instead of star rating)?