MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4.x/1.6.x] Thank You/Like System v1.5 (Updated: 10/26/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anybody upload the plug-in into a mirror and PM the download link to me or just paste the link here...bcoz I can't seem to download it form the site...the servers are always down for me...Huh
Here is a Mirror for the Plugin is in my server so download it Wink

Mirror: http://archivos.vidaensupalabra.com.ar/m...emv1.0.rar

@ G33k, I can give you space for your plugins if you need Wink
(2009-11-15, 03:56 PM)TheG69 Wrote: [ -> ]This looks awesome! Really great job with this. I have just one question though. Is it in anyway possible to use a different thank you/like image for each skin so that it matches it?

If not its cool, either way great plugin Smile

You can use different images for your themes. The plugin searches the theme's image/lang directory for the images. This is usually /images/<theme>/<lang>/

(2009-11-15, 04:12 PM)Walkman 5.0 Wrote: [ -> ]you need add the given posts on the postbit

(2009-11-15, 07:08 PM)Rafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-15, 02:16 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]@Rafael, it depends if this plugin uses hooks or not Toungue

@ Pirata, Can you take a look inside the code Toungue

Well, yeah, testing the Plugin on other Board the things go faster Smile

And I tell you the suggestion, enable the thanks given on postbit.

Regards!

It shows the number of thanks/likes that the user has given in postbit, below "posts: ". Did you want to show something more??

(2009-11-15, 09:45 PM)Rafael Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a Mirror for the Plugin is in my server so download it Wink

Mirror: http://archivos.vidaensupalabra.com.ar/m...emv1.0.rar

@ G33k, I can give you space for your plugins if you need Wink

Thanks Rafael, but I do have some space on a host and it was supposed to be up but got delayed a bit.
I've put the file on my new site, but haven't finished the rest of the site, so here is the link:

http://geekplugins.com/mybb/thankyoulikesystem/
(2009-11-15, 10:04 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]It shows the number of thanks/likes that the user has given in postbit, below "posts: ". Did you want to show something more??

Ok, but I mean two different variables:
1. Thanks that the user has given (the plugin have it).
2. The other one:

Thanks that the user give: 111
Thanked (the user) 81 Times in 52 Posts

Thats the example Wink
(2009-11-15, 10:17 PM)Rafael Wrote: [ -> ]Thanked (the user) 81 Times in 52 Posts

Thats the example Wink

Is this like the number of thanks the user has received from all his posts?

I could change the postbit info to be something like this:

Thanks Given:
Thanks Received:

Does that look ok?

I'll include this in the next release.
also a search all thank/link post in member profile too.. Smile
AAAARRRGGGHHHHH! I hate Internet Explorer!

Earlier today I was making some changes to the plugin when I realized it had started acting funny only on IE. For some reason, on IE, if I thanked a post, then removed the thank, no matter what I did I could not add thanks to the same post again through ajax. It worked fine on Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari but damn you IE!!!

Long story short and after lots of troubleshooting, I found out the problem to be that IE caches ajax updates received through GET. Now seriously, which genius at the IE dev team thought of this?? I mean ajax is used for dynamic updates and you go ahead and cache them??!! Damn!

Anyways, enough of the rant, I found a workaround to fix the problem and got it fixed and will put up the updated files on the link posted in the first post. Just a heads up in case someone else comes across this "bug" before I put up the update.

(2009-11-16, 08:01 AM)AndrewPH Wrote: [ -> ]also a search all thank/link post in member profile too.. Smile

You mean find all the posts that have been thanked? By all users?
Kill Bill Gates, and the world is better. Lol. JK.

Yeah, IE have many problems with Ajax.
@ - G33K - ,
First of all thanks for this wonderfull Modification bro..
I specially like it over the one i was using because old was making the query count like 70 for 20 posts in showthread, and when i was deactiving the old one, query count was coming down to 35. lol.

Your version is far better, as it is giving me query count of 42-45 on same thread.

I had some issues with the installation, it was not showing in member.php ,but i fixed it myself.

------------------------------------------------
I need few things to be shown in the plugin bro

In postbit it shows only Thanks Given...

Please make it like
Quote:Thanks Given: xx
Thanks Recieved: yy in Posts:zz

Also, in member.php
It shows Only about thanks given.
Can you make it 2 lines..
Quote:One Showing
xx (xxx Thanks Given per day | xxxx percent of total Thanks Given)
than below it showing
yy(yyy Thanks Recieved per day | yyyy percent of total Thanks Recieved)

Regards,
Raj
How I can link your plug-in to the prostats plug-in. Is it possible...I want prostats shows most thanked users.

prostats link-
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/prostats
(2009-11-15, 10:17 PM)Rafael Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, but I mean two different variables:
1. Thanks that the user has given (the plugin have it).
2. The other one:

Thanks that the user give: 111
Thanked (the user) 81 Times in 52 Posts

Thats the example Wink

I want this feature too because most of the user interested in how many thanks they got any they always wants to increase their thanks number. Its like a race between users. please add this feature to this plug-in very soon. Its a request please.