MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4.x/1.6.x] Thank You/Like System v1.5 (Updated: 10/26/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-04-01, 11:38 AM)eanon Wrote: [ -> ]About the missing list : I can't give you a link, G33K since it's a private forum, but I'll take a look at the point you indicate ; and will be back to tell you...

About the progress animation at center of browser (which never close by itself), do you have an idea (of the way to solve it) ?

The 2 issues are inter-related. The reason the progress animation hangs is because it can't find where to insert the data since the table is missing and hence just sits there.

In a future release I'll change the javascript to force a refresh of the page rather than hanging on the spinning image, till then you just have to make sure the elements are all there.
Also, If your theme uses CSS3 Buttons this is how you change it instead of using the default buttons.

ACP>>Templates>>Global Templates>>thankyoulike_button_add

Then replace the whole thing with this-
<a href="thankyoulike.php?action=add&amp;pid={$post['pid']}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}" class="main_button">Thanks</a>

And for the thankyoulike_button_del Template add this-
<a href="thankyoulike.php?action=del&amp;pid={$post['pid']}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}" class="main_button">Remove Thanks</a>

If that doesn't work then ask the person who made the theme(or if you did) what the CSS3 Button Code is.

for example mine is
<a href="#" class="main_button">Unova Button</a>

Find the href="#" and replace # with this
thankyoulike_button_del Template-
thankyoulike.php?action=del&amp;pid={$post['pid']}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}

Find the href="#" and replace # with this-
thankyoulike_button_add Template-
thankyoulike.php?action=add&amp;pid={$post['pid']}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}

If none of those work PM me and I'll see what I can do. Smile
Hey, thanks for a great plugin, really easy to install and works great. I just have a couple of questions, currently in every post a user makes their stats at the top right have had this added to them

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0 in 0 posts

I want to change it to;

Thanks Received: 0

I have had a look around the postbit but i can't find where to change it.

Also, how do i remove the loading screen every time someone adds a like?

Thanks
(2013-04-05, 01:45 PM)MJ456 Wrote: [ -> ]Any chances to add the bar design style and if more people like x,y and 3 others like this.. Something better like that, euontor's plugin looks better with that but as i am old users of this plugin i can't move to that.. That's why wanted the same in it..

It is in the pipeline. A future release will have this.

(2013-04-07, 03:27 PM)arion Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, thanks for a great plugin, really easy to install and works great. I just have a couple of questions, currently in every post a user makes their stats at the top right have had this added to them

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0 in 0 posts

I want to change it to;

Thanks Received: 0

I have had a look around the postbit but i can't find where to change it.

Also, how do i remove the loading screen every time someone adds a like?

Thanks

The way to change that line is to do it in the language file.
inc/languages/<lang>/thankyoulike.lang.php

Find $l['tyl_thanks_rcvd_bit'] or $l['tyl_like_rcvd_bit'] depending on which one you use and change it there to what you want.
(2013-04-09, 12:32 PM)MJ456 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-08, 06:02 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-05, 01:45 PM)MJ456 Wrote: [ -> ]Any chances to add the bar design style and if more people like x,y and 3 others like this.. Something better like that, euontor's plugin looks better with that but as i am old users of this plugin i can't move to that.. That's why wanted the same in it..

It is in the pipeline. A future release will have this.

Oh that's great. This is the only main thing needed as of now Smile , can you tell us when we can expect the next release for this plugin?

Unfortunately I can not give an eta. I'm just wrapping up a project in a few weeks that I've been occupied with for a while now and will have some time in between during which I plan to update mybb plugins and there are other plugins that need updating more urgently than this one.
Any ideas on when we can expect an new release?

Btw. is it possible to enable likes for the closed threads? I'd appreciate any tips on how to achieve this one.

Regards.
(2013-04-11, 08:33 AM)pompex Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas on when we can expect an new release?

Btw. is it possible to enable likes for the closed threads? I'd appreciate any tips on how to achieve this one.

Regards.

bump
(2013-04-13, 12:19 PM)MJ456 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-11, 08:33 AM)pompex Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas on when we can expect an new release?

Regards.

Not possible with current plugin, may be an option on acp for this will be fine. Smile

Well, I know some PHP so someone could give me some tips on how to edit the core to achieve this.

#EDIT#

I have edited the code and now I'm able to like the post when the post is closed.

Here is the solution for you guys:

file: /inc/plugins/thankyoulike.php

replace:

if(($tyled && $mybb->settings[$prefix.'removing'] != "1") || (!is_moderator($post['fid'], "caneditposts") && $thread['closed'] == 1) || $post['uid'] == $mybb->user['uid'])

with:

if(($tyled && $mybb->settings[$prefix.'removing'] != "1") || $post['uid'] == $mybb->user['uid'])

Now save the file and reinstall the plugin.

Now open the thankyoulike.php in the main directory (ajax file).

And remove this piece of code:

// Check to see if the thread is closed, and if the user is a mod.
if(!is_moderator($fid, "caneditposts"))
{
	if($thread['closed'] == 1)
	{
		error($lang->sprintf($lang->tyl_error_threadclosed, $pre));
	}
}

Save. And you're done now! Smile

Kind Regards.
[Image: problem.png]

The "Likes Received" text is not appearing at the thread author postbit but appear just fine in replies. This is the same in other forums as well. Anyone know what's the problem?

Thanks in advanced
(2013-04-14, 06:58 PM)fedidaido Wrote: [ -> ][Image: problem.png]

The "Likes Received" text is not appearing at the thread author postbit but appear just fine in replies. This is the same in other forums as well. Anyone know what's the problem?

Thanks in advanced

Check your language file, for the variable with the "Likes received:" text, and dont forget to place a {1} in there. So it will looks following:
Quote:$lang['tyl_likes_received'] = "Likes received: {1}";