MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4.x/1.6.x] Thank You/Like System v1.5 (Updated: 10/26/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That didn't work. Sad
(2013-04-11, 08:33 AM)pompex Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas on when we can expect an new release?

Btw. is it possible to enable likes for the closed threads? I'd appreciate any tips on how to achieve this one.

Regards.

This was requested a while back. Its a feature that I have a plan to implement once the more important stuff is done.
While a global allow for thanks for closed threads is not hard, I am not happy with just having a global allow/don't allow. There needs to be a way to have a more granular control to enable specific threads only to have this ability, I have yet to figure out a proper way to do this but I'll cross the bridge when I get to it Wink

(2013-04-14, 06:58 PM)fedidaido Wrote: [ -> ]<snip>

The "Likes Received" text is not appearing at the thread author postbit but appear just fine in replies. This is the same in other forums as well. Anyone know what's the problem?

Thanks in advanced

If you have checked and made sure all your template edits are there then I would try to disable the cash/points plugin you have and see if that resolves the issue. Since it also adds stuff to the postbit it is possible it is interfering.
(2013-04-16, 01:08 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-11, 08:33 AM)pompex Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas on when we can expect an new release?

Btw. is it possible to enable likes for the closed threads? I'd appreciate any tips on how to achieve this one.

Regards.

This was requested a while back. Its a feature that I have a plan to implement once the more important stuff is done.
While a global allow for thanks for closed threads is not hard, I am not happy with just having a global allow/don't allow. There needs to be a way to have a more granular control to enable specific threads only to have this ability, I have yet to figure out a proper way to do this but I'll cross the bridge when I get to it Wink

To be honest, I have been working on it for a while to figure out a proper way but I have gave up with the above solution. Which threads would you like to have this ability? I think the global functionality is enough, there is a statement already to prevent liking threads in closed forums so I don't really get your point. Shy

Is there probable date for a new release?
Hi - G33K -

You guys might be aware of the myalerts plugin, a really useful and extendible plugin that shows notifications of important stuff to users, like his/her post replies, reputation changes, among others.

On an earlier version of both myalerts and thankyou plugins I changed both to include alerts of his thanked answers. At that time I included the changes directly on the plugins themselves, instead of creating a third plugin. Now that I updated the myalerts plugin the thankyou alerts just stopped working, as the new version don't have my changes. I also wanted to update the thankyou plugin (using the 1.4 version). Is there any chance to add the myalerts integration on the thankyou/like plugin? If not is there a hook to do this when there is a thankyou/like?

Anyone interested in helping me with this?

thank you a lot.
showing who liked the posts only in admin's account Sad
When I upload and activate the plugin mentioned on post #1 and click Thanks in post ; it keeps on loading. After we reload the page, thanks wil be done. Confused Any soln.
^Same problem for me as well Sad
Adds a nice touch to the forum thank you
(2013-06-10, 12:14 PM)Andrin Issac Wrote: [ -> ]showing who liked the posts only in admin's account Sad
Check your permissions

(2013-06-12, 08:25 AM)^^^ Wrote: [ -> ]When I upload and activate the plugin mentioned on post #1 and click Thanks in post ; it keeps on loading. After we reload the page, thanks wil be done. Confused Any soln.

(2013-06-13, 06:43 PM)Raees Wrote: [ -> ]^Same problem for me as well Sad

- Check and verify you have all the template edits. http://community.mybb.com/thread-59652-p...#pid599058
- Check and verify you have all the plugin files uploaded in the correct locations, especially the jscripts
- Make sure you don't have a javascript conflict with any other javascripts you may be using on your site. Especially if you're using jquery scripts.
tried implementing this to use in conjunction with MyAlerts however did not work and too experience the same keep loading error.
all template edits verified
all in correct locations
no conflicts
Uninstalled for now back to another Thanks system we had working previously.
Forum really wants a like/thanks system that works with MyAlerts though ...