MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4.x/1.6.x] Thank You/Like System v1.5 (Updated: 10/26/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any updates on new version?
Am waiting eagerly for the version with both thanks given and recieved.
Whats the template variable for the postbit_author_user?

Edit: I found it here is
%%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%

Suggestion: Option to add Rep Points for each Thank/Like.
(2009-11-21, 02:30 PM)srch07 Wrote: [ -> ]Any updates on new version?
Am waiting eagerly for the version with both thanks given and recieved.

Its coming soon, hopefully within the next day or two.

(2009-11-21, 02:52 PM)Rafael Wrote: [ -> ]Whats the template variable for the postbit_author_user?

Edit: I found it here is
%%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%

Suggestion: Option to add Rep Points for each Thank/Like.

Yes thats the template variable. That whole string will be replaced with "Likes: x" or "Thanks: x" and in the next release it will be replaced with:
"Likes Given: x
or
"Thanks Given: x
Thanks Received: x"

I'll see if I can squeeze your suggestion in to this next release, if not I'll put it in v1.2
Not sure if it has been reported or not but make sure you hook to postbit_pm too in order to replace the thankyou variable with the number of thank you's.
Thanks for making this plugin Smile
(2009-11-22, 09:49 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if it has been reported or not but make sure you hook to postbit_pm too in order to replace the thankyou variable with the number of thank you's.
Thanks for making this plugin Smile

Yes it was reported and I have already fixed it in my code which I am testing at the moment and once I'm done testing will be releasing it.

Thanks for reporting it though. Smile
Okay, thanks Smile
(2009-11-21, 02:52 PM)Rafael Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion: Option to add Rep Points for each Thank/Like.

I have been looking more closely at the rep feature of mybb since your suggestion (I never had used the rep system and never needed to) and I don't think it would be wise to use this plugin to rep the user.
The MyBB rep system is setup different from what I had thought.
In Mybb a user can rep another user only once, after which the only options are to change the rep power/comments or delete the rep.
If I make this plugin to add/remove rep for a user every time someone clicks thanks there will be multiple reps by the same user, in direct conflict with how mybb expects the reps to be.

Also, in all fairness if saying thanks to a post automatically adds rep, then there should also be a button to reduce rep (not just remove previously added reps) if the post is not worthy.

The only other way of doing this I'd think would be having a separate rep system where users can increase/decrease reps multiple times but then doing so would be sorta pointless coz in the end the user's rep would just end up equaling # of thanks received Undecided
Mmmm, well, I think this is not good at all if you change the rep system to another :/, the best option is maybe, using a hook with the Newpoints from Pirata nervo and leave the MyBB Rep as is.
(2009-11-22, 04:24 PM)Rafael Wrote: [ -> ]Mmmm, well, I think this is not good at all if you change the rep system to another :/, the best option is maybe, using a hook with the Newpoints from Pirata nervo and leave the MyBB Rep as is.

Not sure what NewPoints has to do with the reputation system :s
Excellent plug in - I am testing on my forum now, and all is good apart from what I see posted already in this thread (ie already reported issues/requests for adding thanks received).

I am going to create NEW buttons for the afresh themes I have on my site - this will be afresh black/midnight/sun/chocolate/pearl/orange and mint.
Is this something I can upload here? I think a LOT of users might want it.

On the PLUG IN:
I have a board with a BIG staff/info only forum and subforums; is it possible to make this plug in so that there is the option select forums to include or exclude rather than than just listing which forums you DON'T want to have thanks enabled in?