MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Console World - new theme, new homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I've recently paid combus to make a new theme for Console World, I've then modified it and made a few new images as I don't really like to tell people to do this or that, I prefer to do it on my own, I could have asked him to do it though.

Anyway, we've now been posting news about the following consoles, on the home page:
  • Playstation 3
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Playstation Portable
  • Xbox 360
  • Dingoo a320

The forums have been re-structured and new members have joined.

What do you think?

http://consoleworld.net
http://forums.consoleworld.net

Thank you,
Pirata Nervo
Look sexy Toungue I don't know that it suits a gaming site that well but it's certainly a nice theme!

I hadn't realized before how successful your forums are! Great job considering how competitive the topic is.
The buttons at the top look really good, and the table headers are great too.
Nice one Smile
(2009-11-14, 12:50 PM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Look sexy Toungue I don't know that it suits a gaming site that well but it's certainly a nice theme!
Yeah I know what you mean, but I don't really know what to do to make more console related Toungue If you have any suggestions, feel free to give them!

(2009-11-14, 12:50 PM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]I hadn't realized before how successful your forums are! Great job considering how competitive the topic is.

The bad thing is, most of the visitors are guests, I have around 300 guests each 24 hours, some of them join, some don't, I'll probably open a contest one of these days and offer a console or something so some of the guests may join and become active.

@seeker, thanks Smile
That's a very nice theme.
Congratulations!

Its a nice theme Smile

And the MyBB and WP theme are really integrated, well you made the same theme and this is great.

Just a suggestion, the postbit_author_user stuff can be improved with other font color Wink

Saudações! Big Grin
(2009-11-14, 02:16 PM)Rafael Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations!

Its a nice theme Smile

And the MyBB and WP theme are really integrated, well you made the same theme and this is great.

Yeap, it took me about 5 days to finish the word press theme Toungue

(2009-11-14, 02:16 PM)Rafael Wrote: [ -> ]Just a suggestion, the postbit_author_user stuff can be improved with other font color Wink

Saudações! Big Grin
Thanks, I'll take that into consideration.
Saudações!
Love the theme! Great job!
To make it a bit more game like you need to make it a bit more "messy", maybe you could reduce the theme width a bit then use photoshop brushes to make a grunge background that it just a bit wider than your design and in a slightly lighter blue so that the grungy edges stick out from the edge of the design by like 100px. Then set this as your page background. Also maybe use some brushes to make a nice header that doesn't look so professional. Man, if you were running a hosting company though I don't think you could have a better theme!
I liked the old school controller buttons on the theme's logo. Took me back to the days before analog sticks... hmmm... SNES MAN!! PS1 pre analog! Big Grin

Ok, so I collect systems...I have everything from the Atari 2600 to the PS2/Dreamcast/GameCube/XBox era. Less a few that have broken and a few I never bought like the NeoGeo.

EDIT: And they all work Smile And yes I even play them all now and then.
Pages: 1 2 3