MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is this possible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

i have a main website and its hard for me to integrate the main website into my mybb forum the truth i dont know how to do it so the main thing i want is can i make the portal page as main website when some 1 visits the website like www.mywebsite.com it goes to portal page not redirect but directly to portal page and possible to change the portal.php to index.php so it looks like its the main website.

if thats not possible is there a plugin that i can use to integrate the main website into my forum?
You can rename index.php to forum.php and portal.php to index.php, most things will work after that.
thanks and is there a easy way to integrate a website into forum any plugin that can do the job that would be realy easy u know have lots of post on main website but not in forum so if not i will do the portal renaming
What is it you want to integrate, logins, header, theme, what??
i want to integrate the login so when users login on main website they can use the forum at the same time with out login in again with defferent user name in forum or by registering again in forum
any one?
This tutorial will help you add a forum login to your website.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-6190.html
(2009-11-17, 09:18 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]This tutorial will help you add a forum login to your website.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-6190.html

i dont understand a thing about the tutorial thats why i asked if is there a plugin or easy way the tutorial says
First, Before ANYTHING, even the "<HTML>" or "<?" Tag, place this.
<?php
chdir('forums'); // path to MyBB
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require './global.php';
?>

were in do u ad this and all other codes its not easy
You cant make a plugin for this.

You could probably put that code on the index page of your site only. I dont think you have to put in on every page.
how can i make a plugin?

and do i have to put it on main website index page or forum bcoz i tryed putting it on main website index page i got error online 10 or something like that .can it be like this like when user register they can login to forum and website with same user name ? and does this tutorial does this
here is my main website wich already have its own login form and users
main website

and here is forum url
forums

all i want is to make the main website users and forum the same so when they login in the main website they can comment on main website and login access the forum with same user name when they login in main website