MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB ACP keeps prompting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Right, but when you're changing the settings you're changing them in settings.php and not the database, yes??

(2009-11-14, 09:39 PM)altjx Wrote: [ -> ]why would they make this a DEFAULT setting?

No idea what you mean by that... if you don't have cookies how can you login??
nah, i was changing them in the ACP. idk how or what to change in the settings.php. but how would i have to change that if they wnat me to delete it and let it regenerate?
and i mean why would they make it prompt for authentication by default, everytime u do anything?
that should be optional in my opinion
Try changing it in the database instead of the settings.php. Also don't add the port, read the thread carefully that Matt gave Wink.

I believe you change the setting in the database and delete the settings.php. The way the settings.php will regenerate with the changed cookie setting you changed in the database.
If you can't stay logged into the ACP then of course settings won't take effect because you get logged out before they can be changed. Edit them in settings.php in Notepad++ or something... the deleting and regenerating thing is just another step to try after you've edited the file and that hasn't worked.

And it's not a default feature to make you login after every click, it isn't meant to be like that, it's because the cookies are wrong and you can't stay logged in... o.O
so are you able to show me how to change it in the database, rather than from the forums? i dont recall seeing that sticky thread show us how to change it in the database.

but even in the settings.php, it doesn't have the port anymore now that i reinstalled it while hosting it on port 80. is there anything else i can change?
OOh I thought that if you delete the settings.php it will gather the new information from the database to recreate the settings.php. My Bad Toungue.
(2009-11-14, 09:55 PM)altjx Wrote: [ -> ]so are you able to show me how to change it in the database, rather than from the forums? i dont recall seeing that sticky thread show us how to change it in the database.

No, change the file first, not the database.

(2009-11-14, 09:56 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]OOh I thought that if you delete the settings.php it will gather the new information from the database to recreate the settings.php. My Bad Toungue.

Well it's easiest to edit the file first, not go straight to the database, it's quicker.

This is so much harder than usual because we don't have your URL, we're just having to guess. Can't you PM us your URL or something??
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! i just set it to blank in the settings.php and it worked, OMFG! YES! i love you man, lol no homo, xD. but yeah matt, i couldn't give u the URL cause its hosted on an internal network, i'm connected via VPN to get access.

all i need to do now is find out how to download and install plugins, time for some more googling, lol
(2009-11-14, 09:59 PM)altjx Wrote: [ -> ].... i love you man, lol no homo, xD

Ive heard that before...
Its simple all you do is download a plugin and drop the files in inc/plugin//

Than go to your admin panel and go to the plugin panel. Than enable the plugin and done.
Pages: 1 2 3 4