MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any legit ways to buy MP3's on linux?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have Ubuntu installed as my current OS, and I now have the samsung highlight fire as my new phone, and I want to buy some mp3's for it, but so far I haven't found anything.

Other than buying CD's and ripping the songs, which I don't mind doing.
But it would be nice to be able to buy just one song or three from one band.

Ya know?
(2009-11-15, 11:29 AM)Beatrix Kiddo Wrote: [ -> ]I have Ubuntu installed as my current OS, and I now have the samsung highlight fire as my new phone, and I want to buy some mp3's for it, but so far I haven't found anything.

Other than buying CD's and ripping the songs, which I don't mind doing.
But it would be nice to be able to buy just one song or three from one band.

Ya know?

Any standard music website works. You don't need special software like dumb assed iTunes. But you could check out Amazon MP3 Download Linux

However to sync your phone you still need software. Theres a few choices SynCE (Not sure if this supports your phone - comes with most Linux Distros), Banshee, Songbird, AmaroK, gtkpod, and more.

You could also try running the windows software for the phone on Linux under wine or Crossover Office Pro 8. They have several of the latest versions of iTunes running under Linux using wine and Crossover.
Banshee is the best for sync software!
Oops! I forgot atunes

Which is very much like iTunes, and can download from many sites as well as get podcasts.

Which also comes with most Linux distros.
Thanks guys. Big Grin I don't really need my phone synced, I just need MP3's I can buy. But then again, im not as tech inclined as I could be. Sad

Although it wouldn't surprise me if my phone could sync, seeing as how T-mobile kinda supports linux.
Well, I meant so you could sync your music to your phone, so you didn't have to be confined to loading it via an SD card adapter for the mini SD cards the phone supports.

Also, the phone has bluetooth so you could possibly sync that way. I've yet to use bluetooth for any kinda of device such as that though.
(2009-11-15, 07:58 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I meant so you could sync your music to your phone, so you didn't have to be confined to loading it via an SD card adapter for the mini SD cards the phone supports.

Also, the phone has bluetooth so you could possibly sync that way. I've yet to use bluetooth for any kinda of device such as that though.
Oh the Samsung Highlight can sync with Ubuntu just fine. Big Grin

I thought you guys n gals meant something else. Toungue
Which software are you using? Or are you just doing it as where it reads the device as flash memory that you mount/unmount?
(2009-11-16, 12:09 AM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]Which software are you using? Or are you just doing it as where it reads the device as flash memory that you mount/unmount?

Uh, I just plug my phone into my puter and it shows the MicroSDHC card, and lets me move songs and movies to my phone.

So, the latter of the two. Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3