MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The World of Anime Otaku - Where Anime/Manga Otaku Gather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: sig.png]
-- CLICK ME!

Just by reading the name you guys should've know what the site is. The purpose of the site is to discuss everything about anime/manga.

Since the site is new, I'm lonely there. So, all anime/manga otaku, gather there and I'm not lonely anymore! Big Grin
Otaku doesn't mean geek, LOL.

Otaku means a lot of things, but not geek. Otaku could be a person obessed with anime to the point they think they 'know it all' about anime. In japan it's somewhat of an insult because it means a loner, person who stays in his house all the time or in simple terms, a no life.

Now in USA or 'western' cities, Otaku means a person obsessed with an anime, manga or video game.

Wikipedia's Meaning of Otaku
Define:Otaku

Don't know where the HELL you got that the word otaku meant geek. Well, maybe from the similarity of the definitions, but no way in HELL an otaku is a geek.
Oh! Thanks for clearing it up! I just happen to saw a subbed anime which said otaku=means geek. So, I thought it was geek.
I love the design of the site, Justin S' theme is implemented into this very nicely. I, personally, don't like a Portal page though - although that's my personal opinion.

I love the way the forums are organized. Since it's a new forum, you didn't make too many categories and forums which doesn't make it look as inactive as it is.

Awesome job, be patient, advertise around and make sure that you dont give up Smile.
domain name too long .. lol Big Grin
Yeah lol. Toungue
(2009-11-15, 02:02 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Otaku doesn't mean geek, LOL.

Otaku means a lot of things, but not geek. Otaku could be a person obessed with anime to the point they think they 'know it all' about anime. In japan it's somewhat of an insult because it means a loner, person who stays in his house all the time or in simple terms, a no life.

Now in USA or 'western' cities, Otaku means a person obsessed with an anime, manga or video game.

Wikipedia's Meaning of Otaku
Define:Otaku

Don't know where the HELL you got that the word otaku meant geek. Well, maybe from the similarity of the definitions, but no way in HELL an otaku is a geek.
Just an epic fail Big Grin Maybe next time do more research before calling your website something that you do not know what it is.
(2009-11-15, 03:21 PM)acrox999 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh! Thanks for clearing it up! I just happen to saw a subbed anime which said otaku=means geek. So, I thought it was geek.

I thought their translation was perfect.
(2009-11-16, 07:53 AM)acrox999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-15, 03:21 PM)acrox999 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh! Thanks for clearing it up! I just happen to saw a subbed anime which said otaku=means geek. So, I thought it was geek.

I thought their translation was perfect.

Well apparently it wasn't since half(more like 99.98%) of the internet has a different definition than the one in 'your' translation. Don't know if you noticed, but I am an anime watcher and I have NEVER seen an anime in which they define Otaku as geek. Not even Chaos;HEAd!
Detective Conan. I forgot which EP is it.