MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reputation system - showing while disabled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For administrators, I have "Show reputation for users in this group?" unchecked, but when we create a test thread, it still shows the stars. Pretty annoying, anyway to get rid of that?

I can't delete my post so I'll just post my solution
I disabled it by going to the Users and Groups, edited a user group, and changed the # of stars to 0.
Probably because the stars and totally unrelated to rep. Rep is the number under your post count in posts, it's not related to the stars at all, hence why changing the stars to 0 removed it, as then you were changing settings for the stars, not rep.
Yeah, the option that says "Show reputation for this group?". I thought that would not show it, but it still did, so that feature isn't 100% unless the count is set to 0.

Oh, rep's not related to the stars? Ah. So what's the difference between the rep and the stars?
Well, as I said, rep is the number under your post count, other users give you rep depending on if they like you, you post good stuff etc, starts are related to your post count/what group you're in.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks