MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make forum visible on home page, but limit access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have played around with the permissions a little but seem unable to accomplish my goal.

I would like to display a forum on the home page as usual. However, users who are not in a particular group should be prevented from viewing the content of the forum. It seems very simple, but, unless I am overlooking something about the mybb permissions, there does not seem to be sufficiently granular permission to do this.

A bit like a privileged forum or even members forum is what I am attempting to create. If a member has made 10 posts, I drop him in to a group that has access to the privileged forum. Is this possible with vanilla mybb?

Thanks!
Go into the custom permissions beside the normal ones then untick can view threads within a forum. You could use the group promotions system to automatically put users with 10 posts into that 'priveleged' group.
Ah poop. Thanks for the quick reponse, PB. I did not see that additional link to more permissions on the RHS. Thanks again.