MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I get a virus alert when trying to download "Inc.php"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When trying to download files for a backup, i got a alert from my antivirus saying Inc.php is a possible threat?Huh

Please find attached image.
Is inc.php even a MyBB file...?? I don't think it is, so the fact it's there and giving this error suggests it isn't friendly, delete it.

Also this isn't Merge System support, moved.
That's a c99 shell as stated in the screenshot by your anti-virus. I suggest you delete all files on your site and reinstall all the mybb files from scratch.

You're hacked.
(2009-11-19, 06:36 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]You're hacked.
*Dramatic 50's Radio Story Sound*
Where did you download your MyBB file set from?
I think he got hacked since usually the hacker places a inc.php file somewhere. Also check the themes folder for a themes.php
(2009-11-19, 01:35 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]I think he got hacked since usually the hacker places a inc.php file somewhere. Also check the themes folder for a themes.php
how he got hacked?

is there any way to insert shell script in mybb?
(2009-11-19, 03:40 PM)mittal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-19, 01:35 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]I think he got hacked since usually the hacker places a inc.php file somewhere. Also check the themes folder for a themes.php
how he got hacked?

is there any way to insert shell script in mybb?
Indeed read this thread: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-52215.html

It explains what happens in the process.
It was fixed with the recent revisions, guessing he never kept his MyBB updated.
What version are you running??
Pages: 1 2