MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Free MyBB theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can someone make me a quick mybb theme to match the rest of my site... nothing fancy...

www.cohenl.com is my site.

For free to - You will get a mention in my credits if you make the theme.

Thanks,

Cohen
Even if it paid you usually have a copyright in the theme Wink.
[offtopic]
I usually dont put a copyright in paid themes. They are already paying for the theme, why make them pay an extra $2-$5 just to take a link out of the footer?
[/offtopic]
I dont care about the part that they have to pay to take the copyright out, I just prefer having the copyright on the theme because I will get more hits to my portfolio meaning more change of getting new clients.
^Agreed. That's mainly why the footer credit removal is usually extra.
To put my two cents:

Yes, a client does pay, but do you know why they pay for people like us to make a theme? Because they can't do it themselves. Do you think designing is easy? Why do people keep thinking that? Don't you want a designer because your designing abilities aren't strong? Yeah, there are people who can design and often we'd want to see more of these 'creative' designs, how do you discover stuff? By links, no? It's not only to 'help' the designer his way up, but also, credit is due where credit is owed. Your board looks good because of the designer, you couldn't yourself make anything why make it look as you did?

People DO pay extra to take the footer credit off because that is the HARD work of a designer, would you like if a user starts calling YOUR design theirs?
Guys, can we just get back to topic. I just want someone to do me a theme and i am willing to give them credit for it.
What do you meaning with "willing to give them credit for it" if even if you do not want to give credit for it you still should if the designer wants you to...
(2009-11-19, 07:26 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]What do you meaning with "willing to give them credit for it" if even if you do not want to give credit for it you still should if the designer wants you to...

Meaning, as i said before, i will have a "Designed and coded by xxx" and then a link to their website. And i will also have them on my credits page, www.cohenl.com/credits.php
I created it myself, thanks Zomaian for the encouragement.

www.cohenl.com/forum for viewing.
(2009-11-19, 07:27 AM)cohen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-19, 07:26 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]What do you meaning with "willing to give them credit for it" if even if you do not want to give credit for it you still should if the designer wants you to...

Meaning, as i said before, i will have a "Designed and coded by xxx" and then a link to their website. And i will also have them on my credits page, www.cohenl.com/credits.php
I created it myself, thanks Zomaian for the encouragement.

www.cohenl.com/forum for viewing.

Could use some work, but good job Wink
Pages: 1 2