MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: installation (upgrade) question (please help I have my whole site on hold now)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so i uploaded the latest 1.4.9 files to upgrade my forum. following the steps religiously on your wiki.

I'm at the point where it asked me to put in what my current version is (at the install page). So i went to check my admin (with lock on install file), but it says 1.4.9 already - so I have no clue what my version was....Angry I *think* maybe it was 1.4.2. So how do I figure out which version i had?
Yes, it says 1.4.9 in the ACP because that's the version number in the updated files.

I'd be surprised and slightly worried if you were running 1.4.2 at this stage because it's over a year old and you'd have been vulnerable to serious security issues for months, but if you choose 1.4.0 it'll cover everything. Try to make sure to always make sure you know the version before you upgrade in future though.
(2009-11-19, 05:39 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it says 1.4.9 in the ACP because that's the version number in the updated files.

I'd be surprised and slightly worried if you were running 1.4.2 at this stage because it's over a year old and you'd have been vulnerable to serious security issues for months, but if you choose 1.4.0 it'll cover everything. Try to make sure to always make sure you know the version before you upgrade in future though.

Hmm...well I am a bit worried now. I will proceed with this installation asap.

Thanks
You'll be OK if you upgrade now, but if you were on 1.4.2, you really need to keep more up to date with releases, you have been incredibly lucky. The yellow version checker bar on the ACP home would have been there for a year now, I'm sure you've logged into your ACP in the last year.