MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I remove polls option? (SOLVED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did a pretty thorough search here before posting this and found nothing on deleting/removing polls so:

I would like to totally remove all evidence of polls on this particular forum. I tried all the options in the Admin CP but they still show up when starting a new thread. I thought of removing the polls templates but figured that might crash the forum.

I just installed it and there are no users except me as Admin and a couple of test accounts that I created. It's version 1.4.9

I'm setting this up as a no nonsense single category board for rental property owners to list their rentals so any evidence of polls and other frills would be undesirable.

URL to forum: http://lakecountylandlords.com/forum/

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this.
Click [Edit poll] under the poll and change the number of options I guess. I dont see a better way.
(2009-11-20, 04:31 AM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]Click [Edit poll] under the poll and change the number of options I guess. I dont see a better way.

Thanks for your reply but it's not what I need. I need to have it so members do not see any option for a poll ever.
So you want to delete the poll..?
(2009-11-20, 04:58 AM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]So you want to delete the poll..?

[Image: pullhair2.gif] [Image: pullhair2.gif]
No, I thought I made it clear that I want to eliminate having polls show up anywhere on this particular MyBB board of mine.

Anyway, I solved the problem in case someone else ever needs this:
Admin CP/Users & Groups/Manage User Groups then edit each user group's permissions to eliminate any polling privileges. It's a bit slow but it does the job so no poll options show up as far as I can tell so far.