MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL Error!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is not a mybb problem and this is not the place to ask but i really didn't know where to ask.Please understand me Sad

One of my users got this error on my forum:

mySQL error: 1040
Too many connections
Query:
Your host had too many connections to the database. It's not a mybb problem. It's a problem with your host.
Yeah, I'm getting this problem as well, I've brought it up before here and with my hosting company. It may very well be the company are just being buggers and not really providing a good service when it comes to MySQL however the did suggest it might be due to things like this:

Quote:50000 currently limit users to 50000 SELECT queries, per hour, per user. Once you have used up your quota, you will begin to receive the errors until the end of the hour, and your quota is reset. Please note, this limit only applies to SELECT queries, and not INSERT queries. But due to good performance of MySQL server, we are unfortunately can't increase the value.

Quote:Also the number of "IDLE" connections could be the problem

I kindly ask for more information about this stuff , is there anything I could do or perhaps anything in your coding to help?

Thanks,

Andy.
<- MySQL n00b...
If your on a high load site i.e. lots of page views with lots of mysql activity you will need to tune the my.cnf file, this is probably out of the scope of those on virtual hosting. So you'll need to upgrade your account to a VPS or a dedicated server.

The MySQL documentation does go into these settings in good simple terms.
but my site really doesn't receive all that much traffic really, and I've blocked everything I can like Bots etc...
Considering these forum is the only thing on my hosting account that uses MySQL alot it seems weird to me.
Is 50000 SELECT queries per hour a decent amount to expect from a hosting company??
All websites hosted on the same server share the MySQL connections. You may have a small site, but if you are on the same server as a popular website, you might be affected by it's SQL statements. I should have thought your hostign company might be able to shed some more light on this problem, so ask them about it.
Yeah, I did, the 50000 is per account so they reckon. As usual its the age old problem of passing the buck.

They say: "its your coding"
and here its "its your hosting" lol Toungue

I have no idea on how many of these "SELECT queries" MyBB uses, if any to create pages or whatever... Shy
I suggest you get a better host Toungue I've run on hostingplex.com for 3 years now and I've had absolutely no-problems-what-so-ever