MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I disallow a user to edit their post?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have found for the groups but not for single users and I do not feel like creating an extra groups for only this. I want to prevent some users from editing their posst but without changing thier groups.
I dont think you can do this for only one user. You would have to make another group.
Yes, you need a Group for this.
Or you can create a plugin for that. It shouldn''t be too hard. If no one will have created it by next week, remind me and I will create one for ya.
But that is so annoying to make extra groups for only this. Babjusi thank you very much. I so needed this hack. Can you do it that I can add my message to show to users when trying to edit their psots? Just like you did it with the rate hack. What is your paypal addy? I want to make a small contribution as a token of my appreciation for both hacks that you did for me.
ugh..whats to point of this anyway? What harm can possibly come prom editing you post other than fixing mistakes or saving people from double posting?
MyBB has a post editing window for regular members that can be set for different editing times Right ?
(2009-11-21, 02:16 AM)-Prowler- Wrote: [ -> ]ugh..whats to point of this anyway? What harm can possibly come prom editing you post other than fixing mistakes or saving people from double posting?

Because I have had some users who at first posted normal and later on edited their posts with spam.
Where can I find that option AVC?

But scratch this request. Babjusi can you create this other hack instead? And pm me your paypal account Wink

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-59941.html
I thought MyBB had this setting (post editing window) in the script, I know vB has had it for years now !!
(2009-11-21, 05:11 PM)AVC Wrote: [ -> ]I thought MyBB had this setting (post editing window) in the script, I know vB has had it for years now !!

I have searched all my mybb panel and did not find it.
Pages: 1 2 3