MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question, The moderation setting under the forum settings, If I assign a user as a moderator to that forum, do they have to be part of a moderator group or can they be the registered and only have the permission to that thread, I am not sure how the moderator system works as I have always been the admin/moderator but am looking at adding more.

Derrick
No, a user doesn't have to be in the moderator usergroup to be added to a forum as a mod. The moderator usergroup is more so you can identify them as moderators (username colour, group image) and set forum permissions for them etc, it's not necessary to _be_ a mod.
(2009-11-20, 07:52 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No, a user doesn't have to be in the moderator usergroup to be added to a forum as a mod. The moderator usergroup is more so you can identify them as moderators (username colour, group image) and set forum permissions for them etc, it's not necessary to _be_ a mod.

Thank you, for the reply, so If I had x user who was registered as a moderator of Y thread, what would be the best way to have people know that they are a moderator without giving them permission to other threads moderation. Its not that I do not trust x its just that I am a control freak and only want them to have control over there thread Smile

Derrick
Oh, you need it for only one particular thread, misread that before, sorry. That'll need a plugin of some sort then, there's no way of giving mod powers to specific thread by default.