MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Plugin Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using Google SEO Plugin and having a problem with it Sad that's user urls Sad
http://www.forum.chotoan.com/memberlist.php
http://www.forum.chotoan.com/User-alabuba2 < ----- 404 page Sad
Please help me!
Thanks!
Have you activated the Redirect? Activate the MyBB Inbuilt SEO.
Check the members URL in the Google SEO with the htaccess rule.
* 404 is enabled.
* Meta is enabled.
* Redirect is enabled.
* Sitemap is enabled.
* URL is enabled.
Still got that problem Sad
(2009-11-22, 03:10 AM)clickkt Wrote: [ -> ]* 404 is enabled.
* Meta is enabled.
* Redirect is enabled.
* Sitemap is enabled.
* URL is enabled.
Still got that problem Sad

I have the same problem! what to do?
If your URLs do not work (404 error) then the rewrite rules in your .htaccess are not working.

Check if your hosts supports mod_rewrite, some need an additional RewriteBase directive in the .htaccess (RewriteBase /forum/ if your forum is in /forum/, else RewriteBase / for main dir).

If your host does not support mod_rewrite you can't use URLs and have to revert to showthread.php?tid=123 style.
Okay, that's because you removed Thread- from the thread URLs. So the rewrite rule matches everything and thinks User-alabuba2 should be a thread with subject "User alabuba2". It also conflicts with the other rewrite rules such that a thread with the subject "forum foobar" would instead end up with the forum url.

I recommend you re-add Thread- to your thread urls to avoid this conflict. Instead of Thread- Forum- etc. you can also use something entirely different as long as it uniquely identifies the type of URL.

At your own risk, you can move the rewrite rule for threads to the last position in your .htaccess. This way the other rules will be evaluated first. However, the conflict still persists, i.e. if someone creates a thread with a specific subject, they may not be able to open this thread since its URL will look like a forum or user URL.
Thanks! Now Its working fine Big Grin
i am having errors on my forum as well. and my head hurts SadSadSad