MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal as Index!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way i can set portal as an index page, like www.yourdomain.org/index.php or /portal.php so it opens portal when you go to www.yourdomain.org?

I renamed portal to index.php and uploaded it to domains root folder but i only get a blank page...
It would have to be in the same folder as your board so if your board is mysite.com/forum, well, it would have to be mysite.com/forum/index.php.

If you have the forum installed in your root folder, well, not sure why you're getting a blank page.

Anyways, as you have done... the easiest way to have the portal as index is to rename portal.php to index.php and index.php to something like forum.php.

But recognize that in the "Who's online" page anyone who's browsing forum.php will be shown at an "Unknown Location".
Thanks for help guys!IMPAQ you are right but that mode above will do the work Wink
I have a simple suggestion that may solve your problem
you can change default document priority of a folder (or whole site) with editing your .htaccess file
bests
You can all do this for it to work:

Create a .htaccess file in your forums folder and add this line:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm portal.php index.php

That should do the trick nicely.
I have a site setup like this:
www.thesitehere.com/index.php <the homepage, which shows fid=4
www.thesitehere.com/forum/index.php <the forum homepage

i modified the templates a lil and the code a lil to get everything working, but it works great.... i'd like to know how you can have the portal thing show multiple fid's at the same time?
Is there a way to get the latest shouts from the shoutbox into the portal?