MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Damn you IE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:All browsers support SVG files nowadays, except for Internet Explorer, which needs a plug-in. Those are available for free, as for example the Adobe SVG Viewer.

There goes my theme idea >______>
IE needs to die. I don't hate Windows as much as some others do, but IE needs to die.
I love Windows but yes IE does need to die Toungue.
I like the look of ie. Its userfriendly. BUT DITCH MSHTML ALREADY!
Why does anyone use IE. It sucks and it's slow.
It's not that bad you know.. WHEN YOU'RE FORCED TO USE IT Angry
Hahaha
(2009-11-22, 06:18 AM)iPod15 Wrote: [ -> ]Why does anyone use IE. It sucks and it's slow.

Exactly! Microsoft need to change it on IE9, because they say their already planning it and all their doing is just want to make it go faster and try to be better then firefox...

If it were up to me I'd trash IE project...

--Rename it I dont know maybe, "Online Community" perhaps?
--Build a community for addons and themes
--Give the default a better prospective
--get rid of 3rd party and boost the speed.
I love how they started developing IE9 before they released IE8 already.

The only BIG problem I have with IE is the startup and CSS. It takes 6-60 seconds for my IE to startup when Firefox takes 5 seconds and Chrome 3 seconds. Also it's annoying when you start IE and it's loading the homepage and you want to point the browser to another address before it loaded the homepage on the startup it won't load anything and you got to restart it. Also opening a tab also takes 3-6 seconds which is just sad since all it does is open a empty page with some text on it.

Also they got to get rid of Trident and go with Webkit and Gecko. Hopefully Gecko so that it will even out ^^ (Safari/Google=webkit - Firefox/IE=gecko) but who knows.
(2009-11-22, 06:32 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]I love how they started developing IE9 before they released IE8 already.

The only BIG problem I have with IE is the startup and CSS. It takes 6-60 seconds for my IE to startup when Firefox takes 5 seconds and Chrome 3 seconds. Also it's annoying when you start IE and it's loading the homepage and you want to point the browser to another address before it loaded the homepage on the startup it won't load anything and you got to restart it. Also opening a tab also takes 3-6 seconds which is just sad since all it does is open a empty page with some text on it.

Also they got to get rid of Trident and go with Webkit and Gecko. Hopefully Gecko so that it will even out ^^ (Safari/Google=webkit - Firefox/IE=gecko) but who knows.

I can't see them using WebKit because it's Apple's creation. It would be nice, though. I think if they were to ever switch, it would be Gecko.
Pages: 1 2