MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anybody ever write a book/guide before?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like some guidance for writing my guide. Big Grin I'm writing a guide to free web hosting (for companies, not end-users) and I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out. I don't know how long until it will be finished but I wanted to get some information on editing/publishing. Now I consider myself a great editor but trying to edit my own work will be difficult since what makes sense to me might now for somebody else. I'm thinking about publishing it as an ebook so I can give it out for free without losing to much money in the process but I'm still undecided.

I started this project last night for some unknown reason and I've hit 22 pages and just about halfway through chapter 2 (5 more are planned but with the input I'm receiving on FreeWHT I'll probably expand quite a bit more to cover other topics).
If you post the topics you have covered so far, I'd be more than happy to suggest some more.

Great idea by the way.
I'd prefer not to release any of the books contents until I'm closer to being finished because a few people I know planned on doing the same thing at some point in the future. Wink
(2009-11-22, 01:09 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I'd prefer not to release any of the books contents until I'm closer to being finished because a few people I know planned on doing the same thing at some point in the future. Wink

Ah fair enough Smile I'll give you some things I think would be good to add then Smile

Things that should be covered

- Control panels
- Automated setup (Whmcs etc)
- Post to host (Good or bad)
- Profiting from free hosting

Will edit my post with more ideas in a while.
Thanks Jakee! I do plan on spending a whole chapter dedicated to advertising, monetizing, and earning a profit from a free web host. Wink
Also talk about the investment and time you will have to spend to start a hosting business, many people under estimate that.
(2009-11-22, 07:38 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]Also talk about the investment and time you will have to spend to start a hosting business, many people under estimate that.

Agreed, I see so many young people try to start a web hosting 'business' when they can only afford one months worth of dedicated server/vps hosting.
I wrote the Ultimate Proxy Guide Big Grin

And it's really due for an update...
That's what I'm looking for Zash, something exactly like that! Smile
Ah, if you need any help, just PM me Smile
Pages: 1 2