MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More than one display usergroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-11-26, 03:08 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]But, MyBB doesn't use a 4 place version numbering system. Patience or a plugin is fine Wink.

Well i am sure i have seen some forums add in features that are much wanted in during a bugfix. Hey i know you could make it 1.8 Toungue
That would kill all my April Fool's jokes I have lined up Sad

Kidding aside, we'd need to think of a better way to do this. You can't really have more than 1 display group because if you had 1 display group with a green username, and 1 display group with a pink username...which one would take precedence? That would be a little complicated to solve Toungue

Probably the feature you're looking for is more along the lines of "Show all usergroups the user is part of"...
At HackForums.net I have a plugin to display all usergroup icons in profiles.

http://www.hackforums.net/member.php?act...&uid=70909

It's the "Additional Usergroups" box.

Really this doesn't need to be a core feature. It's not that hard to make a plugin to do it.
No, I'm sure it's not hard to make, and there already are some plugins for it. I think it would make a nice core feature though.
This still should be added you could still set your primary usergroup which handles username color, then have additional display usergroup or something and you can select multiple, then just have additional usergroups which wouldn't show. Plus the plugin by Zaheer only looks good if you have your users down the left instead of accros the top.
(2009-11-28, 09:02 PM)Dark Legend Wrote: [ -> ]This still should be added you could still set your primary usergroup which handles username color, then have additional display usergroup or something and you can select multiple, then just have additional usergroups which wouldn't show. Plus the plugin by Zaheer only looks good if you have your users down the left instead of accros the top.

Terrible idea in my opinion. This will just overcomplicate matters and the code MyBB will have to place is going to be more than it's worth for this feature.

Do you set the groups hidden? Do you want to allow users to decide? It's overly complex for something a user can simply add a plugin or make alterations for their own purpose. Everyone is going to want this done differently that's why it shouldn't be done at all.

MyBB doesn't even have it's current "display group" function free of bugs. We don't need to make more of a mess of this.
Pages: 1 2 3